Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W Power Supply Tested

I've been checking out Sentey Cases for about a month now. I haven't had the opportunity to work with one, but they seem on par with NZXT, some Cooler Masters, and some Antec cases.

Should be interesting to see what else they come out with.

Edit: Paul, forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but about the universal modular cabling: Does this indicate that if something caused the PSU to fry-- a power surge or what have you-- it could potentially fry the graphics card? It might just be that I'm very tired (I haven't slept in... many hours), but for some reason it's not making sense to me.

Edited by iskout

I've been checking out Sentey Cases for about a month now. I haven't had the opportunity to work with one, but they seem on par with NZXT, some Cooler Masters, and some Antec cases.

Should be interesting to see what else they come out with.

Edit: Paul, forgive me for my lack of knowledge, but about the universal modular cabling: Does this indicate that if something caused the PSU to fry-- a power surge or what have you-- it could potentially fry the graphics card? It might just be that I'm very tired (I haven't slept in... many hours), but for some reason it's not making sense to me.

If a power surge causes your PSU to fry, there is always risk of damage to components connected to it, regardless of whether the cabling is universal or not. What Paul is referring to is easier to understand by looking at the flip side - many manufacturers have dedicated connections for modular cables that can only be used for your GPU power. In those situations, rails only used by GPUs only have to be available to those connections. With the universal modular connections on this PSU, those rails have to be made available to all connections. Whether that's really a negative or not would probably have to be tested, and that kind of testing would be difficult since you'd be testing across brands, thus introducing other variables.

If a power surge causes your PSU to fry, there is always risk of damage to components connected to it, regardless of whether the cabling is universal or not. What Paul is referring to is easier to understand by looking at the flip side - many manufacturers have dedicated connections for modular cables that can only be used for your GPU power. In those situations, rails only used by GPUs only have to be available to those connections. With the universal modular connections on this PSU, those rails have to be made available to all connections. Whether that's really a negative or not would probably have to be tested, and that kind of testing would be difficult since you'd be testing across brands, thus introducing other variables.

Oh, okay. Thanks for clearing that up :)