OCC Needs Review Editors

bp9801

Alright folks, OverclockersClub is hiring once again, but this time for something a little different.

OCC needs some Review Editors, and more specifically Review Editors who are late night people. That can be anyone based on the west coast of the US/Canada, Australia/Asia, or Europe. Basically it's to ensure any reviews (like NDA items) that still need editing late at night can be gotten to without waiting until the next day.

There aren't a ton of requirements for Review Editors, however they are pretty major. The key requirement is you must possess an understanding of English, both in terms of spelling and grammar. It's absolutely vital for those two, as you'll have to know if words are spelled properly or used correctly in the course of editing. Editing does take time as you have to read through the entire review to make sure there are no mistakes, but you do have the added benefit of knowing how the item performs ahead of its launch.

So, if you think being a Review Editor is something you can handle and you know your spelling and grammar, don't delay. Send a PM or email to Bosco and he'll take you through the process of determining if you're up to the task.

Yes! You can edit my reviews :) Little did you know i write in gangster and make the poor editors retype everything.

"Yes muth****! Yo a** can edit mah props WHAT! Little did you know i write up in thug n' make tha skanky editors retype every last muthafu** thang"

If i'm really bored I'll put write in l33t speak "
'/35! j00Z (4|\| 3D17 /\/\'/ r3\/13\/\/5 :) L177L3 d1D j00Z |

Edit: Please don't believe me! Being an editor is a worthy note on a resume and like bp pointed out, you get to see things way before the release date which is really cool. Also the OCC staff are very nice people!

:pfp:

Seriously though, Review Editor is an important role. The Review Editors are responsible for making sure the articles posted on the site are of the highest quality and best impress Overclockers Club to visitors. It is not just you getting to read an article early and fix some typos, it is you ensuring that the site's primary content contains professional writing.

I am pretty tempted to apply actually, although i am not sure if i am good enough :S

I do have an English degree and know my grammar and spelling quite well, but how good do i need to be to be an editor?

I am pretty tempted to apply actually, although i am not sure if i am good enough :S

I do have an English degree and know my grammar and spelling quite well, but how good do i need to be to be an editor?

At least better than the reviewers, which isn't hard ;):lol:

j/k

If you think you have what it takes, there's no harm in applying. I'm sure Dave would start you off small and have Troy and/or myself check it over before it gets published. If you have an English degree, I'd imagine you'd be pretty good at the job - and if there are ever any questions about how OCC does things, you can always PM us or message us on Steam. It's not like we just throw you to the wolves :lol:

It's not like we just throw you to the wolves :lol:

Well i don't know how you guys operate in terms of requiring new people, for all i know maybe you DO feed me to some monsters xD

I'll send a pm to you for some questions, if that is alright with you :P

I want to make certain i can handle the job and do it correctly.

Edited by WarWeeny

Clay and bp has the recruitment worked out quite well. They usually do the good cop/bad cop, but I won't tell who's who  :ph34r:

If I can be a news writer, I'm sure you, with an English degree, can be a review editor :thumbsup:  

Man there was quite of you that have applied thank you.

Wish I had that many applying to be reviewers lol.

Never hurts to try out, some times you may surprise yourself who knows.

Well i don't know how you guys operate in terms of requiring new people, for all i know maybe you DO feed me to some monsters xD

It's really not as difficult as you may think. You just need a keen eye for detail and be good with the English language (with an English degree, you probably are).

Give it a shot; doesn't hurt to try :)

It's really not as difficult as you may think. You just need a keen eye for detail and be good with the English language (with an English degree, you probably are).

Give it a shot; doesn't hurt to try :)

Well i gave it a shot and did have some errors, although 1 could have been easily been fixed if i had paid attention to the time lol

Still leaves 5 errors in total and i am not sure on how good the opposition is.

Could be that there is someone who actually aced it, would give him/her big props if he/she did tho.