COD Black Ops 2 Discussion/Problems

Nyt

Just a topic for all Call of Duty Black Ops 2 related discussions and problems with the game ...

Anyone else playing with a 1920x1080 monitor ?

I cant set my in-game resolution to 1920x1080, max it allows me is 1680x1050. Seems this is a problem that others are also having : http://steamcommunity.com/app/202970/discussions/0/882965737311926725/#p1

Anyone else has a similar issue or solution ?

Ah someone found a fix for it for AMD users...

From Kratos on the Steam forum :

Solution for AMD Radeon users:

Go to your Catalyst Control Center -> My Digital Flat Panels -> Properties (Digital Flat-Panel) and activate "Enable GPU scaling".

I also switched in the menu to "Windowed(Fullscreen)" mode and restarted the game and now can change to fullscreen and set it to 1920x1080

So happy I got 1920x1080 working :) Now to finally enjoy the game

Edited by Midnight Rider

Got it yesterday, so far so good.

Looks better than mw3 graphics wise

Still has annoying short levels

Zombie part of the game is very good and fun

Wish they'd not split the game up into main, multiplayer and zombie modes, being able to select from just one main menu without having to select, wait for int to quit and load the part of the game u want to play

Seems it will need a few updates to sort a few probs I've run into, mouse lag, graphics errors etc etc...

Overall they've done quite a good job on this one

Not played it much to be honest, been playing the single player missions

But the little I have played, pretty much the same as mw3, annoying campers and people who have just too much time on their hands to be that good lol, player lagg seems to be a little issue ATM though

Can someone who is playing it give me their honest opinion in a few sentences. Maybe even a few people.

Thanks

How's the multi player? I heard it was terrible.

I only had a chance to play an hour of it after training last night but it wasn't too bad. Better than BLOPS 1 for sure, especially opening night. I don't see the lag and hit box issues I saw in BLOPS1. The few maps I played were pretty decent but just like the original BLOPS they really reward campers. Not enough open space if you ask me. The gunplay was decent but definitely forgiving. It doesn't have the force feedback that the MW series has so you feel it as you are hitting the guy. So hitting someone in BLOPS2 feels a bit empty ...but this only affects the PS3/360 players.

So far its better than the first BLOPS but I still think IW puts out a better MP experience than Treyarch does. I will play it some more, that much I know. Its fun but its not enough to pull someone disenchanted with the Cuty of Duty series. Unless that person really liked the first BLOPS and just didn't like the lag and hit box issues.

Brother bought it for the PS3, so tried playing it on there. Somehow I made it to Platinum Division in League Play barely breaking even each game haha. I was Rank 17 and then PS3 froze during a match and I dropped to 28. Then I lost a game and I dropped to 48 haha. Everyone must be pretty close to each other in points for that to happen.

Had a bit more time to play this ( off work sick lol ) does anyone else find the maps on the multiplayer to be very cluttered and quite small? Not enough sniping areas and just down out rubbish to play on?

Kill streak rewards are just not that good either and the whole unlock tokens for the weapons and perks is just annoying

After fiinally getting to play this without it crashing every other map, I can say that I definately prefer the first Blops over this one. I am not a fan of the unlocking system, the maps, the kill streaks or the fact that you can not rent your own server for it. I am really disappointd in Tryarch, it is as if they took the decent COD games they have been producing and dumbed it down to meet the needs of the MW2 and 3 lovers.