Samsung Galaxy Note II

Renigade

there are quite a bit of Android users here... more will probably chime in later...

I'm on my second Android phone waiting to get me a S3... my regular phone died and I got a gimped droid to tie me over....and it sucks...

waht is "gimped droid" doc,...waht does that mean ?

It's an Android phone without the Android...LOL

It's a gimped/limited OS.... No Googple Play store and no available apps... it's a ZTE Chorus ad was like 29.00 just something to hold me over for a month or so till I get a better phone. My kid has the ZTE score and its much better with full features but it was 100.00 and now on sale for 39.00

I have Cricket cellular service and they only offer teh S3 and a few others like the HTC-V One and the HTC SV-One and a few others...

This Chorus can be rooted and a full OS loaded but I'm not messing with it... it is really too small for my fat fingers to be useful...

@Waco, $300 with no contract in 2011 for my SGS II says hello back. 

The Razr M was released this winter. :tongue: 

Of course, it doesn't help the terrible pain of bad fish for dinner. I think I'm going to go die now. :lol:

No mention of whether you got it with a contract or not. Sounds to me like you're shackled down for a while. ;) 

Of course, it doesn't help the terrible pain of bad fish for dinner. I think I'm going to go die now. :lol:

No mention of whether you got it with a contract or not. Sounds to me like you're shackled down for a while. ;)

It's Verizon and I have no reason to not be locked down. If a 2 year contract scares you I hope you never try to finance a house, school, or car. :lol:

The Note II is fast compared to any phone, silly. :lol: Its got a damn quad core in it! :P My Note 10.1's got the same processor, I love how fast and smooth it is.

Invest in a good class 10 memory card. That'll give you 10 mb/s of write speed and over 20 of read speed. An el cheapo will be class 4, and is absolute crap.

As for capabilities, get titanium backup, and get a custom ROM. I recommend the official Cyanogenmod 10. Its based on Jellybean and tweaked like hell for maximum battery life and performance at the same time. After using the phone for a few days, you'll see what it doesn't do that you'd like it to and then you can refine your searches and look up stuff you'd like to do with the phone.

I don't use business apps on my phone and tablet, but I use a lot of stuff for school, so that's close enough. Also, we've both got the S-Pen, so any app I recommend works great with it.

Polaris office.

Beats Audio Installer (installs beats audio driver, sounds AMAZING).

AdAway (tweaks hosts file to block ads).

Dolphin Browser (best browser imo).

Drive (Google drive, sync all your docs and stuff and edit them, kinda like dropbox).

Dropbox (See above).

ezPDF Reader (PDF reader with annotations).

GSam Battery Monitor (Most detailed battery usage monitor).

HD Widgets (Great widgets).

Beautiful Widgets (More great widgets).

LayerPaint (Drawing).

Lecture Notes (Good notes).

MX Player (Best video player).

Player Pro (Best music player).

Swiftkey Keyboard (Get the paid one, the most AMAZING word prediction ever, really, trust me, you need this).

Teamviewer (Self explanatory).

Tasks (Great little app that makes tasks and reminds you and syncs with google calendar).

Clover Memo (Great app for notes and drawing).

Thanks bud I will try them out as soon as I get through this weekend. I will be adding my 1700+ client contacts :whoa: from quickbooks. :snap: im tired now just thinking about it. Right now im looking through contact apps that can separate friends, family, business contacts, and clients.

You got the two basics: Root and Titanium Backup (also if you run a custom recovery, the backups provided by them are the best)

I like Kingsoft Office for reading and editing microsoft office files.

Teamviewer is great for remote desktop control

Adfree...gets rid of in app ads and even ads in browsers :)

Airdroid, lets you access all your phone's files, and send text messages and stuff from your computer (when they are on the same network)

Andie Graph, emulates almost any Texas Instrument calculator you have a rom and skin for!

Astrid Tasks, a great todo list app

ConvertPad, mass unit converter.

ES File Explorer, the best file explorer I have found.

GPS Test, great GPS acquisition program

QuickPic, great photoviewer that's very fast and has great features.

Skype, I shouldn't have to explain this lol

Torque, pair this with a bluetooth OBD2 scan adapter and you can get many different readouts from any modern car.

AK Notepad, simple no BS notepad program that can output to .txts.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Do you have Gmail? add them to the Accounts and it will sync to the phones contacts....

Quick Books Customer Manager has No Export Feature. it says it Exports to outlook but it locks up and errors out. This program allows for Sync to my QuickBooks Pro 2010. But its giving me hell may have to call support if not I will be hand entering 1700 clients

You got the two basics: Root and Titanium Backup (also if you run a custom recovery, the backups provided by them are the best)

I like Kingsoft Office for reading and editing microsoft office files.

Teamviewer is great for remote desktop control

Adfree...gets rid of in app ads and even ads in browsers :)

Airdroid, lets you access all your phone's files, and send text messages and stuff from your computer (when they are on the same network)

Andie Graph, emulates almost any Texas Instrument calculator you have a rom and skin for!

Astrid Tasks, a great todo list app

ConvertPad, mass unit converter.

ES File Explorer, the best file explorer I have found.

GPS Test, great GPS acquisition program

QuickPic, great photoviewer that's very fast and has great features.

Skype, I shouldn't have to explain this lol

Torque, pair this with a bluetooth OBD2 scan adapter and you can get many different readouts from any modern car.

AK Notepad, simple no BS notepad program that can output to .txts.

Have you even used skype for android? Its the biggest piece of crap ever lmao. It doesn't even run smoothly on my quad core tablet. :lol: 

Agreed for QuickPic (although the stock samsung viewer is great), agreed for ES File Explorer, ConvertPad, and AdFree (I think I mentioned that though). 

It's Verizon and I have no reason to not be locked down. If a 2 year contract scares you I hope you never try to finance a house, school, or car. :lol:

I'm on a 2 year contract right now, but my phone is an unlocked international phone with no contract. Meaning when I go to Israel, Paris, Spain, etc, I can use my phone. Also, $40 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 5 gb of 4G, weeeeeee. :D 

I'm on a 2 year contract right now, but my phone is an unlocked international phone with no contract. Meaning when I go to Israel, Paris, Spain, etc, I can use my phone. Also, $40 a month for unlimited talk, text, and 5 gb of 4G, weeeeeee. :D

What carrier? Also - is that piggybacked on your parents plan?

I have to tell you Samsung products have impressed me with the mobile moves. I have a Droid X2 and have over the years really liked Motorola. However my wife as a Galaxy SII and I would trade my X2 for it any day of the week. Her phone should by all specs be slower but the opposite is true the phone is faster at everything it does and just works better.

What carrier? Also - is that piggybacked on your parents plan?

T-Mobile. Its on my dad's plan. Him and me have 5 gb of data, and pay $40 a month, my mom brother and sister are also on the plan and pay $30 a month with 2 gb of data. 

Edited by Onion