Whiskey

Psywar

I love all sorts of spirits and brews, I will list my favorites here for you, as well as a link if available.

Beers:

Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier - Served in a Hefeweizen glass.

Erdinger Dunkel - Served in a Hefeweizen glass.

Abita Purple Haze - Out of a pint glass with desert. 

Whiskey:

Gentleman jack - Neat.

Buffalo Trace - Neat or with cola.

Jameson Irish Whiskey with Dr. Pepper.

Rum:

Shellback Spiced Rum - With cola.

The Kraken Black Spiced Rum - With cola.

Tequila:

Patron Silver - Neat.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I mostly prefer scotch when it comes to whiskey, I have a bottle of Glenfiddich and bottle of Macallan that I go to once in a while, but I mostly just drink Lismore, as it's the more economical option but still good enough to drink neat. The first bottle of scotch I ever bought was Glenlivet and it was a foolish purchase as I didn't have the taste or stomach for it at the time, all the same it was pretty good.

As far as bourbons go, I don't deal with them often but if I do it's Woodford Reserve, by far one of the best bourbons in it's price range I think. It's smooth but still has the good bite you expect from a bourbon, it's got nice complex balanced flavor, not too sweet, not too harsh. I also keep a bottle of Buffalo Trace around as my economical option. It has a bit of a bite to it but I get it cheaper than Jack and I find it's a lot more flavorful.

My favorite liquor is Gin though, it's easily the dominant party of my collection. I have a little bit of everything for it, Beefeater, Bombay Sapphire, Hendrick's and some more.

Tequila I do on occasion, just picked up two bottles of Patron Silver the other night on a price mistake, $25 each.

Vodka I won't touch unless it's in a cocktail, even the good stuff like Tito's or Grey Goose isn't tasty enough to me.

Now... beer, I love beer, I didn't care for it much when I first started drinking it, it's an acquired taste I think. Once I got into it though I fell in love with beer, the beer that really got me was Black Butte Porter, which is easily still one of my favorites. I've recently taken a huge liking to Scottish Ales though. I mostly stick to Schlafly's beers these days as they're the cheapest option but still great quality beers.

All of the above?

I'm not picky, I'll drink whatever's at a party and lots of it. :P

PBR, Budweiser, Gennessee, Coors, the dirtiest liquor ever made?

I would it turn it down, I'll hate myself in the morning but then and there I'll drink anything.

Purchasing personally it's spiced rum or micro brews.

Edited by Andrewr05

All of the above?

I would it turn it down, I'll hate myself in the morning but then and there I'll drink anything.

I actually like Gennessee, it's pretty good for the money and I think it's a lot better than most of the domestics out there.

All of the above?

This is pretty much me (guess you all arent' surprised)

If I'm out I won't turn down a Miller Lite special, it's probably my "favorite" cheapo beer, next would be Yuengling Lager (which at a liquor store can be often found just as cheap as Miller or Coors and all them) which is probably my all time fave. I love any Lager or Oktoberfest/Pumpkin style types.

Hard liqour all tastes the same to me but Tequila always spells trouble.

Lmao! Very nice guys! I got some good suggestions to try. It kinda sounds like I need to acquire a taste for beer. I am probably missing out on some great drinks and nights lol!

My biggest issue with drinking is the fact you typically have to buy decently large (expensive) bottles of anything you want to try. 

Deathmineral mentioned he bought the Glenlivet and it was a horrible purchase because he had not acquired the taste for that type of drink yet. I was considering trying that the other day, but it was pretty expensive. 

I need to find a friend who has tons of random stuff and just go to his house one weekend and do shots all night lmao!

A lot of people I know drunk themselves dead so I'm not too big on strong liquor, though I'll have a beer every now and then.

Barley, apple cider wine, Mudslide all are good in my book. I'm not big on drinking, never been drunk never plan to be just been a bit buzzed.

A lot of people I know drunk themselves dead so I'm not too big on strong liquor, though I'll have a beer every now and then.

Barley, apple cider wine, Mudslide all are good in my book. I'm not big on drinking, never been drunk never plan to be just been a bit buzzed.

OOOOOOOH, I forgot cider :wuv: I definitely want to make my own cider and beer some day. I remember finding a recipe to make 12.5% cider and lots of it, but lost the file :(

Lmao! Very nice guys! I got some good suggestions to try. It kinda sounds like I need to acquire a taste for beer. I am probably missing out on some great drinks and nights lol!

My biggest issue with drinking is the fact you typically have to buy decently large (expensive) bottles of anything you want to try. 

Deathmineral mentioned he bought the Glenlivet and it was a horrible purchase because he had not acquired the taste for that type of drink yet. I was considering trying that the other day, but it was pretty expensive. 

I need to find a friend who has tons of random stuff and just go to his house one weekend and do shots all night lmao!

FREELOADER! :lol:

Hard liqour all tastes the same to me but Tequila always spells trouble.

I love tequila.  Tequila loves you even if she won't......because you threw up all over her ;)

Fixed

Well if you threw up it just means you need more practice!  Practice makes perfect!

Normally at parties and so on I will have Jack with coke or American Honey neat.

However what I really like is Chivas Regal 18yrs. So smooth but so costly haha so I only have it occasionally.

Edited by Stonerboy779