SSD

wake boy45

So I was having problems after I used scrubbing software with my computer crashing about every hour and I finally just bought windows 7 and installed it. It still crashes but it takes a lot longer to crash now. Did the scrubbing break the hard drive? It's completely formatted with a fresh windows 7 install. The program was Norton Utilities, and the action was Bleach Free Space. Could that have actually broken an SSD? Any help would be appreciated.

(Edit: there are a few old windows files from my vista install on the SSD in the windows.old folder and I have 2 other hard drives that have games and stuff but the OS is installed on the SSD with nothing else except the windows.old folder which has about 10Gigs of stuff.)

Need more info.

Like:

- your whole system specs

Level 10 GT case, Asus Maximus IV motherboard, i7 2600k sandybridge, 6gigs of balistix ddr3, sapphire 5870, corsair 750w, Crucial 256G SSD, 1TB Seagate 7200 RPM, 300G Western Digital 7200 RPM, Cooler Master Hyper N 520 (temps are always fine).

Happened right after bleaching of free space, left about 30gigs of useless files.

If you did a fresh install with a format there should be no windows old or any other file on the hd. Dose your ssd manufacturer have any kind of tool for reformating the drive to factory state, if so try that and reload windows.

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 1000009f

BCP1: 0000000000000004

BCP2: 0000000000000258

BCP3: FFFFFA800525EB50

BCP4: FFFFF80000B9C3D0

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\112112-16894-01.dmp

C:\Users\Stephen\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27034-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Odd

So after some digging around i found:

"0x0000009F (and 0x1000009F) is a fairly common bug check that occurs when a device driver does not complete processing on an I/O Request Packet (IRP) in a timely fashion (often 10 minutes). This can occur for a variety of reasons, but the main reasons are due to kernel-mode drivers not properly handling changes in power states (commonly to standby/hibernation and back to a full system working state).

The system has 6 main power states that are usable, S0 - S5. S0 is a fully awake processing state and S5 is the shutdown state. S1-S3 are standby states and S4 is the hibernating state. To transition between states, the system must return to state S0 (ex. Standby -> Hibernate is actually Standby - > Awake -> Hibernate). If devices and drivers do not correctly handle state transitions (or even queries about the current power state), it is possible for the system to crash with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE."