1. 1. 30fps 1080 or 60 fps 720P

• i like to play 720P 60fps
    • i like to play1080P 30 fps
    • record at 720P 60fps
    • record at 1080P 30 fps
    • consoles: 720P - 60fps locked with minor dips
    • consoles 1080P - 30 fps - locked with some dips

a few questions :)

multiple answers on the poll, please choose 1 of each of the options you prefer (1 of each 2 choices)

regarding the 30fps vs 60 fps playing:

i was wondering this because most people like to play at 60 fps and not a frame less, i however like to play on 30 fps because it looks more natural then 60 fps (60 feels speed up for some reason)

how do you like to play? (comment plus poll)

recording:

i am going to record crysis 2 as a walkthrough and i can record on 2 ways, 1080P 30fps~ or 720P 60 fps~ this is including the maldoHD texture mods (~ = give or take 3 frames less once in a while)

so quality is pretty importand ofcourse otherwise i could just play everything on ultra instead of the ultra maldoHD settings, this is because i record with fraps and dont want any hick-ups along the way.

i have reached the second area and i re-watched the stuff i recorded, it seems somewhat stuttery/rough to me but while playing i cant see that. is it because of the 65gb moviefile (31 minutes 1080P) or is it because of the 30 fps? (i suspect the first for some reason :/ )

(poll)

next gen consoles are going to be ready this year (wiiu....lol) and hopefully next year (ps4, nextbox) and obviously these consoles are quite powerfull to output games on 1080P and i asume they also get different frames depending on the resolution the develeoper chooses (that would be me if i had a choice in the next-gen console games) what would you like to see with the next gen consoles? 720P games at 60~ fps or 1080P games on 30~ fps? (comment plus poll)

my answers are as followed :P

i like to play ta 30 fps because it looks more natural to me.

i would like to see 60 fps on 720 on consoles because i absolutly HATE framerate dips and this gen there are way to many of em in games, i would like to see them lower the quality and increase the fps more, who cares about a few less detailed shadows etc?

if you care, get a gaming pc lol

what is your opinion?

You know consoles only upscale to 720 and 1080. Most of those game even halo runs at 400x600 with a ton a AA and upscaled to 1080

may i borow this time machine you have and see what resolutions the ps4 gives?

So your going to record youself gaming?

Then upload to youtube i take it.

So unless your going to do some slow motion effects then 30fps it is. Because mp4 or what ever your going to convert it to, the playback is 24fps so recording any higher is a total waste.

Plus the playback on yourtube is only 24fps.

So your going to record youself gaming?

Then upload to youtube i take it.

So unless your going to do some slow motion effects then 30fps it is. Because mp4 or what ever your going to convert it to, the playback is 24fps so recording any higher is a total waste.

Plus the playback on yourtube is only 24fps.

That's useful to know for me too :cheers:

I personally play 1440x900 at about 20-30fps (recording ~20fps) because I have a rubbish GPU :P

If I could I would play 1080p 30fps, record the same though...but then again it would take double the time to upload :dunno:

Edited by EuroFight