More USPS Fail

El_Capitan

post-70939-0-11025500-1333816461_thumb.png

Looks like they missent it to the destination, and now they missent it to the return address... now I got no idea where they're sending it, and neither do they. :pfp:

IT WAS ALL THE WAY TO ALAMEDA, CA WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED BE! And the government wonders why USPS is losing money...

What I like most is that it took like a week to get to Alameda, CA from my location, but it took 2 days to get it back here.

Good thing I got insurance on the package.

So when is this country going to do away with USPS and go fully privatized?

I mean out government wants to privatize prisons and get the government out of it, but they don't want to get out of their horrible postal service..

Sound a little backwards to anyone but me?

I mean out government wants to privatize prisons and get the government out of it, but they don't want to get out of their horrible postal service..

Possibly when they can't make any money off USPS anymore. I'm not sure, but I'll bet the post office is currently set up like the patent office was. Before the America Invents act (which isn't perfect but a lot better) the money the USPTO made was not theirs to keep but would be part of the entire federal budget. Basically, they didn't get to make any profit because whatever revenue there is above their costs gets pulled away and put to something else. If the USPS is the same then it isn't hard to see why it does not improve because success and innovation gets them nothing.

Also, I'm pretty sure in-office politicians are allowed to mail things for free with the post office currently. If you privatize it, they may lose that, so guess who is never going to vote for privatization.

While I think it would be better to get rid of the post office, it would be a bit of a hassle. It is in the US Constitution for there to be postal service.

try ups i have complained many times with no results

i get packages sent from newegg evga and tiger and i always click the sign to receive and put a not on door to knock loud

and the just drop my packages and run one of these times im going to file a lost package claim

USPS has been run as a private enterprise for years now. They're profitable. :cheers:

Sorry to hear that Capi....I personally love USPS though, they offer the best prices when shipping and seem to be quite fast (Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes FTW). If UPS and FedEx had competitive pricing I wouldn't mind USPS going away

Sorry to hear that Capi....I personally love USPS though, they offer the best prices when shipping and seem to be quite fast (Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes FTW). If UPS and FedEx had competitive pricing I wouldn't mind USPS going away

This! I still think it is odd that they are the cheapest and fastest both, but I'm not complaining :) I have used them for a few years now and have yet to have an issue. Sorry to hear you are Capi!

Everytime I see posts about a postal service I always think of the movie The Postman lol "Post-apocalyptic America. What begins as a con game becomes one man's quest to rebuild civilization by resuming postal service. "

Edited by FUZi0N