Circuit City To Close It's Doors

airman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didnt they just fly to Washington in a company jet and ask for a bailout.... SNEMOTICON13.gif

Because Taco Bell bought it.... seriously :lol:

I stopped by the store after work today and it's amazing how content everyone is... most of them are actually excited that the drama is over :lol:

:withstupid:

Checking screen sizes before I buy online is the only reason I go to the big box stores

I do that too. I only go in box stores to check out what im going to buy online later for half the price. When they got rid of there commissioned salesmen in favor of $8 an hour high school kids about ten years ago is when I could see the ship sinking.

Edited by troy5061

Even though it does suck that jobs are being lost because of this, they really did have it coming to them.

As others have said, they don't really help at all when you walk in. As a younger kid, I can remember trying to find someone to ask about some game I thought was cool at the time. When I finally did find someone, he was actually from the music department, and had no idea what I was talking about.

With Best Buy, they ask way too much if anyone needs help. Just an average stroll in there for the day and I get a good five people asking me for assistance. Little over the top in my opinion. Hint the reason I buy practically everything but clothes and food online now.

But like I said, it does suck that people are going jobless. Too bad the company wasn't good to begin with.

Hint the reason I buy practically everything but clothes and food online now.

You know you can do that now too.

Yeah the only reason I ever go to Best Buy is to check out products before I buy them online. Or if I need something right now. Most of the crap they sell is way overpriced compared to prices online, every now and then you can get things there cheaper, but its usually stuff I do not want or need.

I might stick around and work with the liquidation company as long as they honor my pay and arent complete idiots. This sucks. My stores 1 year anniversary party was supposed to be on the 25th! I work in a "concept store" (needless to say it was too little too late) and they totally ripped off Best Buy all the way down to the pushy sales tactics. It was a fun place to work and everyone was very laid back. Ill miss it and I really hope I can find something just as good.

From what I was told the liquidation companys will be at the stores as early as today (Saturday). They may also raise everything to MSRP (including display models and clearance) and work down from there. You probably wont find any deals for a couple weeks.

With Best Buy, they ask way too much if anyone needs help. Just an average stroll in there for the day and I get a good five people asking me for assistance. Little over the top in my opinion.

:withstupid: I have walked out of Bestbuy and drove 25 miles to Frys to get what I was going to get at Bestbuy for this reason...

:withstupid: I have walked out of Bestbuy and drove 25 miles to Frys to get what I was going to get at Bestbuy for this reason...

Exactly like what I had mentioned earlier. Retailers need to screw off and I'll buy something when I'm damned good and ready. Let people browse/shop in peace or you'll piss them off and they'll go elsewhere.

Edited by cheetor1981