Blizzard / Winter Storm Nemo - Who's going to be affected?

El_Capitan

I had the news on at lunch time, they had a reporter out on the interstate reporting that 1 inch of snow had accumulated. We're all goig to die.

Is it true Massachusetts has closed down all their highways?

:rofl:

Yeah... :pfp:

Hey don't say that, in the UK we do that every time it rains.

Not officially or anything, it's just people tend to find an undue attraction to other cars, bridges and lampposts. 

I'm seeing all these photos posted all over facebook 'Blizzard of 2013!!11!!' depicting barely 2-3ft of snow.

:slap:

Since when is 2-3' not a blizzard? Even for Vermont, that's a blizzard :P

By me, we got a little over a foot. Definitely not as bad as CT got hit...saw one place reported at just over 38". Eek!

The ammount of snow is not what makes a blizzard. Here's the offical National Weather Service definition of blizzard....

• Blizzard
  • (abbrev. BLZD)- A blizzard means that the following conditions are expected to prevail for a period of 3 hours or longer:
    • Sustained wind or frequent gusts to 35 miles an hour or greater; and
    • Considerable falling and/or blowing snow (i.e., reducing visibility frequently to less than a

Well, to some a foot of snow would be considered snowed in.  LOL Heck around my parts they panic when we get a couple inches.

Same here on the last part. To people in New Mexico, an inch is a blizzard.  :pfp:

At least the state doesn't entirely shut down when there's a few inches of snow..  oh, wait, it does.