8350, 2500k, or 3570k

Sorry guy but your canned rehtoric is just overplayed.whenever an AQMD does well , there is always some crafted explanation.

Im not putting AMD down in anyway. I respect thier CPUs and build AMD rigs as well. I dont know why your attacking me in the way you are.

I never saw anyone else post with pics, so why are you assuming that I have.

ive built many Intel and AMD rigs in my years of building. ive tested them against each other in REAL WORLD applications not just synthetic benchmarks and 9/10 times the Intel pc wins. When it comes to gaming it boils down to the GPUs, what games it is and what brands the GPUs are from.

how many 2500 do ypu see here? (see #11)

attachicon.gifhow many.PNG

This is run at 1680 x 1050 BTW

Current OCC record holder

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=190818&page=10&do=findComment&comment=2071890

I'm just sayin :tongue:

Nice graph. The 8350 beat out the 3570k, but also note the Amd chip was sporting 4 top end gfx cards as opposed to the 3570k's 3x gtx 670s

errr, notice how many quad SLI 680 and 690's with superclocked 3930's/3960's it's on top of.

Of course, AMD's cards always scaled better once you got into tri/quad setups. At least in my experience anyway :)

uh-huh....get the 2500.

I have no idea what point that was ....wait for it...trying to make.

The guys above me, and for that matter below, are all running 1.3-1.4. vrm squealing 1300+Core.(I talk to them) I have not even touched the volatge yet having them stacked on top of each other on air.This will however change after tomorrow. when I get to do the same. You still have not tried to explain the the other link AI put up there beating a 3960 + quad 680's by a healthy sum.

Sorry guy but your canned rehtoric is just overplayed.whenever an AQMD does well , there is always some crafted explanation.

so spending ludicris amounts on a rig for other reasons besides bench-marking is just plain dumb. A good 8350/3570k and 2 decent gfx cards in sli/crossfire will have a gamer gaming very happily for a good while at 70+ FPS with ease.

Wrong again. it comes in very nicely for gaming at 5760 x 1080. You would be surprised how many games take advantage of more than four cores. I have a file full of CPU/GPU use graphs benchmarking.

i wasn't talking about multi monitor gaming as only Enthusiast gamers/power users run that kind of setup. Most gamers even hardcore gamers still only run 1 screen. Thats what that post was referring to, the "Mainstream"

Yes, I know the benefits and reasons for having a setup like yours to do what you want at ridiculous resolutions. I also know that there are games that take advantage of more then 4 cores. BUT, A 8350/3570k/3770k pair with 2 good gfx cards in sli/crossfire is more then enough for the "mainstream" gamer/pc user to achieve 70+ FPS in all modern games ATM.

I dont disagree with that at all. I chimed in because the 8350 gets disregarded out of hand most of the time and there is a lot if disinformation about it. Good luck with whatever you decide on. :)

how many 2500 do ypu see here? (see #11)

attachicon.gifhow many.PNG

This is run at 1680 x 1050 BTW

Current OCC record holder

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=190818&page=10&do=findComment&comment=2071890

I'm just sayin :tongue:

Nice graph. The 8350 beat out the 3570k, but also note the Amd chip was sporting 4 top end gfx cards as opposed to the 3570k's 3x gtx 670s

errr, notice how many quad SLI 680 and 690's with superclocked 3930's/3960's it's on top of.

Of course, AMD's cards always scaled better once you got into tri/quad setups. At least in my experience anyway :)

uh-huh....get the 2500.

I have no idea what point that was ....wait for it...trying to make.

The guys above me, and for that matter below, are all running 1.3-1.4. vrm squealing 1300+Core.(I talk to them) I have not even touched the volatge yet having them stacked on top of each other on air.This will however change after tomorrow. when I get to do the same. You still have not tried to explain the the other link AI put up there beating a 3960 + quad 680's by a healthy sum.

so spending ludicris amounts on a rig for other reasons besides bench-marking is just plain dumb. A good 8350/3570k and 2 decent gfx cards in sli/crossfire will have a gamer gaming very happily for a good while at 70+ FPS with ease.

Wrong again. it comes in very nicely for gaming at 5760 x 1080. You would be surprised how many games take advantage of more than four cores. I have a file full of CPU/GPU use graphs benchmarking.

i wasn't talking about multi monitor gaming as only Enthusiast gamers/power users run that kind of setup. Most gamers even hardcore gamers still only run 1 screen. Thats what that post was referring to, the "Mainstream"

Yes, I know the benefits and reasons for having a setup like yours to do what you want at ridiculous resolutions. I also know that there are games that take advantage of more then 4 cores. BUT, A 8350/3570k/3770k pair with 2 good gfx cards in sli/crossfire is more then enough for the "mainstream" gamer/pc user to achieve 70+ FPS in all modern games ATM.

I dont disagree with that at all. I chimed in because the 8350 gets disregarded out of hand most of the time and there is a lot if disinformation about it. Good luck with whatever you decide on. :)

Agreed. I also recommend Vishera just as much as IB to my customers, just depends on what kind of computing they will be doing.

I also run a similar res  of 4k ( not quite as high, as Nvidia or atleast my cards wont hit 5700) across my 3 27" Asus monitors. I get a happy 70+ in all titles with my 680s in SLi, but im not out to throw big numbers on a benchmark, just wanted a nice smooth high res multi monitor setup. I will say AMD has Nvidia beat by leaps and bounds in their multi monitor support.

Edited by DnaAngel

I can tell you that if you spend time actually playing your games and not watching benchmark numbers you will have a hard time ever telling the difference between those three chips. In fact I will even go a step farther and tell you that even with overclocking vs stock the difference is next to impossible to tell. All three of them deliver more than enough horsepower for todays gaming. My wife is on an A10 (essentially and FX quad core) with an HD 7850 and I am on a i7 3820 with a GTX 670 and we both play Skyrim at the same resolutions and details levels and there is no difference in the experience. We both play Borderlands 2 at the same settings, well I use PhsyX but again there is no issues her game plays perfect.  I can go on down a list of games but I think you get my point.

Find which one will let you setup your system the most effectively for cost and then enjoy your games.

This makes me want to make a Microcenter request/offer thread where those of use who live near Microcenter can help out others who don't.

I think this is an idea that needs to grow wings!  You can make your purchase online and select the store nearest to one of our helpful members to pick up and then ship to you.  This would be a great community outreach program IMHO.  And in fact Tj and Red had offered to do something exactly like that for me several months back.  I ended up going in a different direction, but had I gone through with the MC purchase it would have saved my almost $50 over what I could find anywhere else (even after calculating in shipping, sales tax and a small "tip" for Tj).

This makes me want to make a Microcenter request/offer thread where those of use who live near Microcenter can help out others who don't.

I think this is an idea that needs to grow wings!  You can make your purchase online and select the store nearest to one of our helpful members to pick up and then ship to you.  This would be a great community outreach program IMHO.  And in fact Tj had offered to do something exactly like that for me several months back.  I ended up going in a different direction, but had I gone through with the MC purchase it would have saved my almost $50 over what I could find anywhere else (even after calculating in shipping, sales tax and a small "tip" for Tj).

I am am down with that.I have already in fact shipped a few MC parts for folks from here in mpls.

I think this is an idea that needs to grow wings!  You can make your purchase online and select the store nearest to one of our helpful members to pick up and then ship to you.  This would be a great community outreach program IMHO.  And in fact Tj and Red had offered to do something exactly like that for me several months back.  I ended up going in a different direction, but had I gone through with the MC purchase it would have saved my almost $50 over what I could find anywhere else (even after calculating in shipping, sales tax and a small "tip" for Tj).

Want me to create one or would you want to?? Let's stop talking about it and get this wonderful service up and running (I'm guessing either way you could mod it to be a sticky somewhere)

I think this is an idea that needs to grow wings!  You can make your purchase online and select the store nearest to one of our helpful members to pick up and then ship to you.  This would be a great community outreach program IMHO.  And in fact Tj had offered to do something exactly like that for me several months back.  I ended up going in a different direction, but had I gone through with the MC purchase it would have saved my almost $50 over what I could find anywhere else (even after calculating in shipping, sales tax and a small "tip" for Tj).

I am am down with that.I have already in fact shipped a few MC parts for folks from here in mpls.

Yeah I know I've done it atleast once, maybe twice in the past. But I don't have the shortest drive to my MC (~40minutes one way)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently most games and programs don't use anywhere near 8 cores even with GPU overhead. This would immediately favor intels marks (sorry intel). On non-gaming marks the 8 core 4GHz (5GHz easy) FX8350 is quite capable of crushing more expensive chips (Gaming isn't everything you do on a PC even if that's it's intended purpose). The next gen consoles are both apparently moving to an 8 core setup meaning that while this chip may not get much action now it is sure to on the next gen titles.