New headset

dling

I just ordered a this headset  "Sennhiser PC333 gaming headset" .I researched  and could not find much info on them.

Do any of you know anything about them ?

Thanks for the useful replys. I know the name is concidered to be good just could not find a good review.

I did find some opinions from some users that seemed to agree that they had good sound but were a bit tight.

I will know soon enough if it was a good purchase or not. At 180.00 dollars I hope their worth the money.

Thanks ;)

I tried them for a week (they were a gift) & while there's essentially nothing wrong with them (apart from their eye bulging price) I've gone back to using My Roccat Kave's. It's a really a personal preference. I'll keep the Sennheiser's for a rainy day though.

There are better headphones out their for that amount. Sennheiser relies on their name to carry a product for the lower end models. Essentially the only real benefit of those headphones is that it comes with an optional in line USB sound card. That is about it. It would have been a better decision to go with PC 360 and an asus xonar 5.1 sound card with the on board headphone amp. 

Oh and by the way, dolby sucks. Period. I have been going through headphones recently because I would like to start doing some reviews, and I have NEVER had a good experience with that stupid parlor trick software. All it does is it makes everything sound like you are in a room with 5.1 or 7.1 speakers and the whole room echos like crazy. It makes everything sound tinny, cold, and frustrating to listen to. And that is with even using my asus STX sound and my friends omega claro 2. If you want a good surround sound experience, then go with the razer tiamat 7.1 headset. It is not good for audio quality, but it does use independent drivers that don't add sound to your audio content like these will. Otherwise I would go with some open headsets/phones. They will not be as great for positioning, but you still get decent positioning for games while at the same time having a great audio experience as well like these http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/dp/B0006OQY2S

Proof of my claim: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/peripherals/speakers-and-headphones/headsets-and-headphones/sennheiser-pc-333d-902420/review/2#articleContent

There are better headphones out their for that amount. Sennheiser relies on their name to carry a product for the lower end models. Essentially the only real benefit of those headphones is that it comes with an optional in line USB sound card. That is about it. It would have been a better decision to go with PC 360 and an asus xonar 5.1 sound card with the on board headphone amp. 

Oh and by the way, dolby sucks. Period. I have been going through headphones recently because I would like to start doing some reviews, and I have NEVER had a good experience with that stupid parlor trick software. All it does is it makes everything sound like you are in a room with 5.1 or 7.1 speakers and the whole room echos like crazy. It makes everything sound tinny, cold, and frustrating to listen to. And that is with even using my asus STX sound and my friends omega claro 2. If you want a good surround sound experience, then go with the razer tiamat 7.1 headset. It is not good for audio quality, but it does use independent drivers that don't add sound to your audio content like these will. Otherwise I would go with some open headsets/phones. They will not be as great for positioning, but you still get decent positioning for games while at the same time having a great audio experience as well like these http://www.amazon.com/Technica-ATH-AD900-Audiophile-Open-air-Headphones/dp/B0006OQY2S

Proof of my claim: http://www.techradar.com/us/reviews/pc-mac/peripherals/speakers-and-headphones/headsets-and-headphones/sennheiser-pc-333d-902420/review/2#articleContent

So would you recommend me sending them back and making the purchase of the Razer headphones ? Or would that be more trouble then gain?

So would you recommend me sending them back and making the purchase of the Razer headphones ? Or would that be more trouble then gain?

If you want to throw audio quality to the wind then yes. Just keep in mind you will need a 7.1 sound card with those headphones. (granted you can pick up a 7.1 sound card for cheap these days). Keep in mind I would only recommend those headphones if you are a serious FPS gamer (or like to play some game that can utilize a lot of audio positioning). Keep in mind though that these headsets are tinny, have a bad sounding microphone, and have problems with the bass. But They are pretty darn accurate if you get a decent sound card. I was able to raise my KDR by quite a lot and I have tested some headsets that are a lot more money that had absolutely no effect on my KDR....so that is saying something. 

What I would really recommend is getting the PC 360. Much better sound quality than what you have chosen or the razer headsets, but still has decent positioning due to their semi open design. Plus they have a great mic. 

So you can either be cold an calculating and get as many kills as possible, but sacrifice audio quality as a tribute to the FPS gods, or be a bit more sensible, and have a better overall experience with the PC 360.