MSI B75A G43 
Intel i5 3470 
Gigabayte 7850 HD 1gb OC 
4gbx2 corsair 1600 mghz 12800 
seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 
Corsair CX500W V2 bronze 
Nox Coolbay SX 

Thaanks smile.gif

Both will give a great gaming experience at 1080. The 660 will have a little more graphics umph but the extra 4 gigs on the second rig is a nice little bump as well. Personally for the same price as the 660 (around $220) you can get a 7870 GHz edition with 2 gig, that is a better buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025

Both will give a great gaming experience at 1080. The 660 will have a little more graphics umph but the extra 4 gigs on the second rig is a nice little bump as well. Personally for the same price as the 660 (around $220) you can get a 7870 GHz edition with 2 gig, that is a better buy.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202025

Hi , actually its not the same price in my country :D

the 7850 is cheaper than 660 with 35 euro :D and the 7870 is more expensive than 660 gtx with 20 euro :D ( enought big for me xD )

So , i take the 660 gtx + 4gb ram , its going to serv me better on 1920x1080 resolution ?? thxx :D

So , i take the 660 gtx + 4gb ram , its going to serv me better on 1920x1080 resolution ?? thxx :D

4gb of ram will not be enough for some games at very high to ultra settings.  Also 1gb of video ram will sometimes be limiting as well.

I would have said go with the option 2 with the 8gb of ram but the 7850 needs to be a 2gb edition.  Maybe trade the 1tb HDD for the 500tb if you need the money.

Post a link to where you are shopping at.

BF3 multiplayer usually sits at around 5gb for me.   That may be only on Ultra settings though.

If you go with just 4gb now, you can upgrade later.  Plus ram is easier to upgrade than anything else in a pc, so upping to another 4gb stick later on is an option.

I never went above 2.2GB with BF3 (on Ultra).  I have shot up to 3GB but that is with Skyrim heavily modded, me recording video in FRAPS and having my video rendering software up.   Besides, if you have a game that requires a lot of memory the extra VRAM would be of more benefit than system RAM, its another reason why I like Option 1 over 2.

Edited by Fogel

I never went above 2.2GB with BF3 (on Ultra).  I have shot up to 3GB but that is with Skyrim heavily modded, me recording video in FRAPS and having my video rendering software up.   Besides, if you have a game that requires a lot of memory the extra VRAM would be of more benefit than system RAM, its another reason why I like Option 1 over 2.

+1 this one's logic is sound, oddly this is my reason for not getting nvidia when I was comparing 670 vs 7950 when I was buying haha.

+1 this one's logic is sound, oddly this is my reason for not getting nvidia when I was comparing 670 vs 7950 when I was buying haha.

I agree with more Vram is better.  That's why I said #2 IF you change that to a 2gb 7850.

But I'm really surprised you never use more ram during games, maybe you just didn't notice?  Maybe I'm reading this wrong? Two different times playing BF3:

ultra.png

high.png

Red - you've got 81 to 82 frickin' processes running   :)

lol ya that is why man

I am at 800MB idle ...sometimes 1GB if programs like Windows are looking for updates.  I will also say this, I only run monitoring programs when I am interested.  Too many programs open at once can increase latency and I'm very sensitive to latency issues.  I can detect a latency issue to a fraction of a second before confirming it with monitoring programs.