Our Sapphire Atomic HD 3870 is posted

Now that has to be a first a case for carrying the video card.

I was telling Paul that might work for a PSP once the card was installed on a PC :)

I could put my PDA in that case. lol :)

Its nice to see a review for once that wasn't done with an Intel cpu. I'm so tired of seeing every review done with them.

In my opinion, this cards biggest advantage is its size, and that its a 3870. It only appears to take up one slot instead of two. I'm not sure about how loud it is though unless I missed it in the review, that could be a negative.

Were the benchmarks for the other video cards in this review also done on the Phenom cpu?

Edited by tcool93

I also would question whether this card would come with the extra software (3dmark, Half Life etc), because I know in other online reviews done of Sapphire cards, they show the extra software, yet when you buy the product retail it comes with none of it.

meh even if the noise of the fan was to loud all you would have to do is buy a piece of sound bourd and fit it on the bottom of the case and would absorb most of it. I like the 1 slot cards, becase even with a huge case if I had a 2 slotter then it would look so cramped in there and probably be harder to mod/ mess around with, even with pretty good cable management.

Guest Raven65
Its nice to see a review for once that wasn't done with an Intel cpu. I'm so tired of seeing every review done with them.

In my opinion, this cards biggest advantage is its size, and that its a 3870. It only appears to take up one slot instead of two. I'm not sure about how loud it is though unless I missed it in the review, that could be a negative.

Were the benchmarks for the other video cards in this review also done on the Phenom cpu?

All benches were done on the phenom.

I also would question whether this card would come with the extra software (3dmark, Half Life etc), because I know in other online reviews done of Sapphire cards, they show the extra software, yet when you buy the product retail it comes with none of it.

All the software shown in the review comes with the card.

temps and noise compared to the normal one?

temps and niose levels are in the review.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/sa...c_hd3780/14.htm

meh even if the noise of the fan was to loud all you would have to do is buy a piece of sound bourd and fit it on the bottom of the case and would absorb most of it. I like the 1 slot cards, becase even with a huge case if I had a 2 slotter then it would look so cramped in there and probably be harder to mod/ mess around with, even with pretty good cable management.

There's always a bigger case XD I have two dual slot cards and still tons of room...but my case is like a building :lol:

Nice review raven :) That cooling system seems promising...its a shame the card doesnt have more headroom for OC'ing, even though it is pre-oc'd.