Just set fire to $751

IVIYTH0S

Dinner was ready when the smoke alarm sounded would be my guess :P

Ugh, if only it was something so rewarding....not so financially draining :(

I fried a 9800gt once overclocking it through my own stupidity. i feel for you. do the parts you are selling still have that southern fried charcoal flavour. ;-)

Yeah i remember my X850XT dying from excessive overclocking. I had overclocked it to artifact level instability and just left it like that because it enabled me to play STALKER maxed out at playable levels. I shamelessly got it replaced under warranty too. (I was young and didn't know better....) No explosions or combustion though.

hmm

Edited by IVIYTH0S

Had a coworker come in after Christmas saying that's how his wife had cooked part of their dinner. Sorry for your loss as I know how it feels a month or so ago I lost 2 of my 3 gtx570's to a water leak in my system. The third one wasn't installed because it was flaky right outta the box and I was to lazy to RMA it.

Yeah i remember my X850XT dying from excessive overclocking. I had overclocked it to artifact level instability and just left it like that because it enabled me to play STALKER maxed out at playable levels. I shamelessly got it replaced under warranty too. (I was young and didn't know better....) No explosions or combustion though.

In my case I was drunk and picked that moment to get into overclocking. I wasnt quite so young but defnitely stupid. Poor thing lasted all of 5 seconds before it went Pop and a bad smell came from the case.

In my case I was drunk and picked that moment to get into overclocking. I wasnt quite so young but defnitely stupid. Poor thing lasted all of 5 seconds before it went Pop and a bad smell came from the case.

Overclocking is scary your first time. Hell I have done it about 5 times over that past year and I am still guessing at most of it. But it still works and I am happy with that even if I don't get the most out of my parts.  My i5 2500k CPU overclocked to 4700MHz idles at about 24/28C and at load it is about 55C with a triple rad and my GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950 Overclocked Core to 1100MHz and Memory to 1575MHz run idle at 30C and maxed between 55/60C but I also let my fans go fast and loud because I figure that I don't really hear it while I am playing games anyways and the lower the temp the longer it will last me. I beleave those are within acceptable temps but then again I am a noob at this OC stuff.

Even the dog gave you the "For Shame" look!

Sucks that it happened, but nobody is hurt and the flames stayed in the oven...lol live and learn!

What makes matters worse is I knew exactly what happened, the second it happened...

Had a coworker come in after Christmas saying that's how his wife had cooked part of their dinner. Sorry for your loss as I know how it feels a month or so ago I lost 2 of my 3 gtx570's to a water leak in my system. The third one wasn't installed because it was flaky right outta the box and I was to lazy to RMA it.

Laziness kills....I shouldn't have been so eager to throw it into the oven without a more thorough lookover.

You need to keep it on your shelf as a reminder!

Overclocking is scary your first time. Hell I have done it about 5 times over that past year and I am still guessing at most of it. But it still works and I am happy with that even if I don't get the most out of my parts.  My i5 2500k CPU overclocked to 4700MHz idles at about 24/28C and at load it is about 55C with a triple rad and my GIGABYTE GV-R795WF3-3GD Radeon HD 7950 Overclocked Core to 1100MHz and Memory to 1575MHz run idle at 30C and maxed between 55/60C but I also let my fans go fast and loud because I figure that I don't really hear it while I am playing games anyways and the lower the temp the longer it will last me. I beleave those are within acceptable temps but then again I am a noob at this OC stuff.

Yeah, but anybody overclocking nowadays has it EASY (for the most part) with unlocked multipliers aplenty and even more warranties supporting it officially.

Your numbers look good though. +1 on the 7950, I love mine!

I ended up giving my i5-2430 and the 8GB of ram to my sister's Lenovo. Upgraded up from her 4GB and i3-2350. Not a bad christmas gift and I'm glad the parts will atleast keep serving someone...now to find a buyer for the 4GB and the i3.

Wish my girlfriend's i3 wasn't 1st gen, I think this is the 2nd best 2nd gen i3 they offered (as it's not far behind the i5 I gave her in benchmarks).

I would normally try to revive it, but I don't think there is any hope for that board, lol. Good target practice I guess, bet a case of beer to who ever can hit the southbridge die from 15 yards.

Edited by AddictedGamer93

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for your loss Ivy. That really sucks dude. Hope you can find a new victim..... I mean laptop soon.

I did, I love my new Dell. This computer is problem free and very fast even though it has near identical specs to my old laptop.