Connecting Two Motherboards Together

You would need to do a LOT of modifications.

Remember, your motherboard has the BIOS, IDE controllers, AGP/PCI controllers, math co-processor, North bridge controller, south bridge controller, etc that normally talks to the CPU. - If you were to attempt to connect 2 motherboards together, you'd first need a way for the CPU to communicate with EACH component on the 2nd board... not to mention getting the CPU to recognize it's all there. Then you'd need a way to power the 2nd board, which would mean another PSU would be needed, and you would have to wire the two PSUs so they would both turn on when the power button was pressed.

I'm sure it could be done with enough time, but it'd be more trouble IMO than it'd be worth.

yeah. but im really sure you can. I could do it just might take some time. Also a dual cpu mobo wouldent be exactly the same. Because if you have two mobos it takes less resources to run two cpus one two mobos. If you have a dual mobo its alot more stress on it.

how about you stop losing your time on this issue and find something else more productive to do? mod your case or something

stop trying to run up your posts

Another good point of a dual mobo would be more ram

also where can you get a dual CPU mobo

• 4 years later...

I have been trying to do this and I believe that the answer is to connect using either fire-wire or ethernet, but I know what your all thinking and this is not fore jest setting up a network sins the advent of virtual system port prompt programing in which you connect like a network but using Linux code at start-up to synchronize things and then also in Linux you need some sinking to setup some parts of or all of programs to run from the first computer motherboard and then access them using all your hardware in the other.

So if dun correctly you should have a minimal system as to hardware fore the programs to run OS so they can use all the processor and memory plus a system with no software on it except fore that small bit of code and some apps associated with the hardware to lode and a mass of hardware.

However the one thing is that if you use some software to interact it may require a more substantial connection to operate hardware properly and although speedy transfer.

It worked fore me and I've used it to access a server to run a dowel operating system of windows vista on my computer and Linux SE on the server.

Pleas tell me how this works on your system and any problems you encounter as I think it could help everyone.

you really think some poor bastard waited FOUR AND A HALF YEARS for one person to say you can connect them by creating a LAN, and another to find a server board?

congratulations, you both WON THE PRIZE!