Star Wars: The Force Awakens

El_Capitan

I can see the accidents happen already with this new saber design, *blocks incoming attack*, *side sabers pierce through body because of the impact*....oh snap, better put a bandage on that.

The person is probably a dark side user, so they always go for weird/different saber designs. Some that don't always make sense. :lol: Like the curved ones used by Asajj Ventress or the guard shotos used by Maris Brood. And besides, those guards can prevent this: http://gfycat.com/EverlastingFelineGrayfox

Oh, and a sweet wallpaper for anyone/everyone who needs it.

The crossguard in the trailer wouldn't prevent that as the plasma beams don't intersect. Cap posted this which would solve the problem.

And thanks for the wallpaper  :cheers:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It did seem a little....swirly?

I would agree with that. I felt mixed and not as excited after seeing this. But I felt nearly the same after seeing the star trek trailer and loved that movie so...

Everything in generally wasn't as...Idk...."Bloomy"? All the thrusters from the xwings, the giant thruster of the Falcon and the light saber all seemed...dimmer and less luminous from what was always iconically Star Wars. Seeing the Falcon increase thrust and the screen filling with that bright blue light would give me chills as a kid. I don't mind the design of the saber but just the glow seemed alien to me (no pun intended) as the usual saber would be a very flat yet intense beam of white light with a colored aura.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

And everyone ignores the missing gun i posted? xD

Disney made a new SW movie and already it has a problem in accuracy lol.

Because movie teaser trailers are always 100% indicative of how the finished product is going to look. :rolleyes: There's still a year to go for post-processing and making sure all the details are (mostly) correct.

The dark side user of that lightsaber could have built his with materials not exactly meant for constructing a lightsaber, so maybe its unrefined plasma look is a result of that. The guard could be a desire to be unique or potentially give themselves a way to counter an attacker if they aren't used to dueling (or just stab them).

@ivan, you're welcome!

Because movie teaser trailers are always 100% indicative of how the finished product is going to look. :rolleyes:

Uhuh uhuh, obvious!

Because movie teaser trailers are always 100% indicative of how the finished product is going to look. :rolleyes: There's still a year to go for post-processing and making sure all the details are (mostly) correct.

The dark side user of that lightsaber could have built his with materials not exactly meant for constructing a lightsaber, so maybe its unrefined plasma look is a result of that. The guard could be a desire to be unique or potentially give themselves a way to counter an attacker if they aren't used to dueling (or just stab them).

Some people say the explanation due to it being Revan being resurrected and having an ancient design of lightsaber.

or

Some say it could be based on a lightsaber that looks like one a character named Xho Ron (of the Brotherhood of the Dark)used: https://www.flickr.com/photos/45237493@N04/4729528777/

...both are bits of Star Wars knowledge I haven't the foggiest clue about lol

Edited by IVIYTH0S

• 4 months later...