car audio

olokul

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Both make some outstanding speakers...at pretty crazy prices. :lol:

For "budget" sound quality it's damn hard to beat CDT's pricing and quality.

However, given the choice, I will almost always do a DIY build. There's no need to pay huge amounts for similar drivers with a different logo on them. I'd put my old Dayton RS225 midbasses up against pretty much any 8" midbass driver from a high-end company in a head-to-head comparison. $100 says out of 100 people listening to them that the split for "which sounds better" would be 50/50...even if those people are self-professed audiophiles.

Both make some outstanding speakers...at pretty crazy prices. :lol:

funny yet seems true :lol:

However, given the choice, I will almost always do a DIY build. There's no need to pay huge amounts for similar drivers with a different logo on them. I'd put my old Dayton RS225 midbasses up against pretty much any 8" midbass driver from a high-end company in a head-to-head comparison. $100 says out of 100 people listening to them that the split for "which sounds better" would be 50/50...even if those people are self-professed audiophiles.

you've got a point here, this family friend builds these quite exotic home speakers using old hardwoods for the cabinets salvaged from those torn down old houses which he outsourced from different parts of the country.

i saw how he gone through those tedious long process to achieve the cabinet's finish that will put those pianos in shame, yes how awesome they are. :cool2:

and the drivers he's using? a sort of "antique" Altec Lansing drivers and horn tweeters that i cant recall which brand are those, but i was astounded how these self built speakers sings while paired with a decent tube amp.

friend joins this annual Audio Show held at Mandarin hotel, and yes he's making lot's of money selling those exotic speakers. tho there's Dynaudio, JMLab/Focal, Martin Logan and the likes but these self built speakers seems can stand next to those leading players when it comes to music playing on stereo. it's simply amazing.

Edited by sword_fish