Sad truths about life- through humor

Am I the only one thinking of Ricky Ricardo/Ziva David right now?

"Aye Lucy! My head is gon a 'splode!"- Ricky Ricardo

"Well Ricky I'm sorry your head is about to a 'splode. It was nice being your wife and all." -Lucy Ricardo

And then Ziva's constant habit of messing up sayings.

Edited by dragonsdontfly

Or when addressing a large group it's "all y'all". As in: "all y'all come back now ya hear!"

I thought it would have been "All y'all come back now, ya hurrd?"

Only if it's a black person.

or a wigger.

In Miami, only black people say y'all and speak like that. And all the whites are more or less hispanic, so they usually don't speak proper english.

In Miami, only black people say y'all and speak like that. And all the whites are more or less hispanic, so they usually don't speak proper english.

Ain't it funny how we talk about deep south(where we say things like yall) and then you go further south and its no longer the south? Y'all down thur are a bunch of yanks.(and immigrants)

Speaking of odd english, i ran into an old black man the other day and all he appeared to speak was gulla. That will mess up your idea of english grammar.

Ain't it funny how we talk about deep south(where we say things like yall) and then you go further south and its no longer the south? Y'all down thur are a bunch of yanks.(and immigrants)

Speaking of odd english, i ran into an old black man the other day and all he appeared to speak was gulla. That will mess up your idea of english grammar.

We call it North Cuba lol. And damn, Gullah is some complicated .. Like 5 double negatives per sentence lmao.

LOL! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/African_American_Vernacular_English

Edited by l33t p1mp

From that wiki link lol: "Kay, massa, you just leave me, me sit here, great fish jump up into da canoe, here he be, massa, fine fish, massa; me den very grad; den me sit very still, until another great fish jump into de canoe; but me fall asleep, massa, and no wake 'til you come…"

I read the entire thing and laughed the whole time. What I found particularly was this. I can't believe they made a chart for the conjugation!

mQ3O.jpg

• Like 1