New Forums

Bosco

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give this version to the hackers to play with and go back to the old version this is horrendous and looks designed by 5 year olds

We are trying

Want the bright one back would that be helpful to u?

If you guys only knew how many hours it takes to keep this site alive.......

We are trying

Want the bright one back would that be helpful to u?

If you guys only knew how many hours it takes to keep this site alive.......

Maybe that should be the qualifier for the Christmas Contest. You have a guess and whoever gets the closest gets some prize like a mouse or keyboard or something. (If more than one person guesses the same closest value, you randomly pick from them.)

Y'all. Cut dave and the boys some slack. The way we're whyning you'd think he came in and modified our houses not our forum. Its an update, sure it looks different and has some bugs, but get a life. Its a forum, not your bank account.

Carry right along dave, y'all are doing a great job as always. :cheers:

Thanks Speed.

Maybe if I explain it a little better maybe you guys won't chew my head off.

This is the newest version of our forum software. Our old version was not compatible at all, which means nothing outside of the content was transferable. Again nothing was transferable except for the content, there is nothing I could have done to stop this from happening when the time came. I knew this was going to happen hence why I kept putting the update off for so long 1.5 years too long. 

I know you guys hate change you have all made that quite clear over the years, but again there is nothing I could have done to stop it, this was IPB not OCC.

I know you guys don't like how it looks, but sheesh, give us a chance to fix the bugs and such. As the bugs get fixed things will become smoother and it will grow on you. D3 said he would try and look at maybe doing a skin like we had but its another learning curve above our last upgrade. He like everyone else is pressed for time, so between myself and Catherine we are doing the best we can, we are learning this new software as well.

The graphics you are seeing write now is something Catherine came up with quickly to get the white off because it was awful.

So please give us some time, we are learning this new software as much as you guys are trying to learn the new layout.

Yes I see the bugs, we are working on them in order of priority so again please just bare with us.  

^^Well said Dave.  Regardless of how it looks, I'm very glad the site will be more secure and up to date.  I trust you guys will do a great job rolling out bugfixes and updates quickly, and I'm looking forward to the end result!  Here's to a quality finished product :cheers: 

Besides, it's still the same old OCC, with the same great members, staff, PC knowledge and advice, etc.  

Maybe if I explain it a little better maybe you guys won't chew my head off.

This is the newest version of our forum software. Our old version was not compatible at all, which means nothing outside of the content was transferable. Again nothing was transferable except for the content, there is nothing I could have done to stop this from happening when the time came. I knew this was going to happen hence why I kept putting the update off for so long 1.5 years too long. 

Always been thaat way though hasn't it? Every time the major update comes, nothing transfers.

Not the fault of OCC but definately the fault of IPB the mobile site isn't useable as it is too far crippled by bugs.

Again not sure how much tweaking you can do but there are plenty of things that are so out of place at the moment. Just noticed another which is the topic summary which is in a reverse or rather now cronoloigical order, the old reverse cronological order made much more sense.

Reflection on IPB not OCC its nice that you've started a skin in the few hours its been up. Hope things are back to something resembling normal soon enough. Thanks for the 1.5 year wait btw no need to fix what aint broke haha. but the hack attack recently justifies all the time it'll take right now. 

Good luck :cheers:

Always been thaat way though hasn't it? Every time the major update comes, nothing transfers.

Good luck :cheers:

Actually for years we were updating no problem, then the last two big updates they decided to turn the ship upside down sort of speak.

Anyways yes there is a big list to get fixed, its all done in order of priority. You will see things get corrected as we go forward.