Ubisoft's DRM Servers go down...

sdy284

Its perfectly understandable to NOT play a game, even if you love it, just because it has DRM. Wait.. what??

That doesnt make sense at ALL

So what, it crashed one time. Look at BC2. I haven't been able to play it at all because it has server issues. Yet everyone loves that game.

This is the first time in my life when I have seen a game that has not been pirated a week after its release. You whiners should take your thumb out of your butt and just enjoy the game. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Use your brain and realise we're not stupid enough to pay for restrictions that, if people like you keep supporting DESPITE THE FACT THAT 99 TIMES OUT OF 100 THEY DO NOT WORK, will eventually become the standard DRM. Not only that but we're paying extra for it!

I just heard that EA, Activision, Bungie, Id, Epic Games and Valve are going to implement "Always Online" DRM on all their games! Holy ., they've even seen the numbers for Xbox and PS3 piracy and are now implementing it on the consoles too! Wow, we only have the idiots who supported the crappy DRM to thank for THAT cock up.

No, it isn't really happening, but if you keep following like the mindless sheep you claim to be we'll have restrictive DRM and a piracy increase by a power of x, and I can promise you that.

Edited by Danrik

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Use your brain and realise we're not stupid enough to pay for restrictions that, if people like you keep supporting DESPITE THE FACT THAT 99 TIMES OUT OF 100 THEY DO NOT WORK, will eventually become the standard DRM. Not only that but we're paying extra for it!

I just heard that EA, Activision, Bungie, Id, Epic Games and Valve are going to implement "Always Online" DRM on all their games! Holy ., they've even seen the numbers for Xbox and PS3 piracy and are now implementing it on the consoles too! Wow, we only have the idiots who supported the crappy DRM to thank for THAT cock up.

No, it isn't really happening, but if you keep following like the mindless sheep you claim to be we'll have restrictive DRM and a piracy increase by a power of x, and I can promise you that.

WTH? I payed 35€ for my copy and I sure as hell paid for the GAME, as it is worth it. Also, I have no problems against DRM as it doesnt restrict anything. When it does get restrictive, THEN I will pirate it.

Edited by Jump4h

Sorry but even I don't have enough love for the series to pay an extra $10 for added DRM. I mean I really enjoyed the first assassin's creed and I'm interested to see where the story goes, and I mean the actual story with desmond(I think that was his name? not sure), but I can't support a game that supports DRM and higher pricing, if gamers put up with that kind of stuff then all the developers will start doing it because they know that no one will oppose it.

The game doesn't cost more because of DRM, so don't be so naive.

The PC version contains the two DLCs that are available for $4 apiece on the consoles (so a total of $8). Should they have charged $58 instead of $60, or included it for free? Sure that would have been better for us consumers, but whatever. At least is wasn't like COD5 where you got NOTHING extra for the increased price.

Ever wonder if maybe, just maybe there's a high number of people who like to play games on the move?

It's restrictive. Stop being so selfish and only refering to your own needs.

In that case you are correct.

Ever wonder if maybe, just maybe there's a high number of people who like to play games on the move?

It's restrictive. Stop being so selfish and only refering to your own needs.

AC2 isn't the type of game you play on the move. No non-gaming laptop is going to play it with any decent performance/looks, and gaming laptops are really just desktop replacements...not providing enough battery life to truly allow "on-the-move gaming".

The game doesn't cost more because of DRM, so don't be so naive.

The PC version contains the two DLCs that are available for $4 apiece on the consoles (so a total of $8). Should they have charged $58 instead of $60, or included it for free? Sure that would have been better for us consumers, but whatever. At least is wasn't like COD5 where you got NOTHING extra for the increased price.

I wasn't saying that was the exact reason for why they added $10, but I do think that is a better reason than DLC. DLC is supposed to be optional, you shouldn't be forced to pay for something you don't want i the game. I am personally against most DLC because I think it's done completely wrong so forcing me to pay for it only makes me want to pirate the game more, but you know what? By this point I don't even want to play the game so I don't even bother pirating it, in my opinion, if a company puts enough effort into crap like DRM then I think they are probably putting less effort into the game itself and so I don't even want to play a half-baked game.

AC2 isn't the type of game you play on the move. No non-gaming laptop is going to play it with any decent performance/looks, and gaming laptops are really just desktop replacements...not providing enough battery life to truly allow "on-the-move gaming".

I think you're kind of missing the point, it's not just that game, if companies like Popcap, Frozenbyte, or any other companies that make light weight games start to implement this kind of thing then you can't play on the move games anymore.

Also, on the move isn't restricted to battery life.