Ubisoft's DRM Servers go down...

sdy284

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have purchased the game legally theres nothig wrong with using nocd fixes

Well technically, cracking software IS illegal since it's a violation of the DMCA and doesn't fall under a fair use exception. However, since DRM sucks and it's next to impossible to catch somebody using cracks, it's not important. :P

Ubisoft posted a tweet about an hour ago stating that there is no working "cracked" copy of ACII.

Ya, and they made a similar statement that silent hunter 5 wasn't the full version when it was cracked. By the way, I'm not a copyright law expert but is it legal for the developers of games to pirate their own game? Because that's the only way they can actually make all these claims of these cracked games not working.

Edited by Deathmineral

Well since AC2 is 60 bucks for PC, they can afford to make upgrades so it doesn't happen again. I felt the need to change my avatar to celebrate all that DRM gives us.

Edited by InCrYsIs

This is why I love this forum. That Furyo dickhead on the Steam AC forums bans you for breathing a word on how you might even hint that your distant cousin Googled the term "Assassins Creed 2 Torrent" for his sociology project or something. Doesn't help that he's the level/mission designer and a biased SonofaBee