Ubisoft's DRM Servers go down...

sdy284

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who paid to play can't, and those who pirated the game can? Good times...

I refuse to buy games with DRM. The first and last one I bought that had DRM was Fallout 3, and I actually got Best Buy to refund the game even though they have a no refund policy for software games for PC's. Basically, I couldn't install the game using a laptop I bought from them, and their Geek Squad couldn't either (I actually waited 2 hours for them to keep trying).

PC gamers need to boycott DRM products. One bad experience is all it took for me to do it. Another thing I hate is what they're doing for console games. They release a game and have Downloadable Content for extra gameplay (like new levels and maps), when they could have just included it in the original game. Instead, they make $5 - $10 more for a $60 game. I can understand it if they release it 2 months after a game is released, but on release day? Eventually it'll get to the point where a $60 game takes 2 hours to beat, but the extra $40 worth of downloadable content extends it to 18 more hours. You can see it on First Person Shooters, too. You get to play Multi-player with 6 maps, but can pay $5 to play on 3 more maps or $10 to play on 8 more maps.

Back in the day, they allowed PC gamers to make or mod their own maps for free. Gone are the glory days.

Those who paid to play can't, and those who pirated the game can? Good times...

Back in the day, they allowed PC gamers to make or mod their own maps for free. Gone are the glory days.

If you have purchased the game legally theres nothig wrong with using nocd fixes

-

otherwise..haha @ ubisoft, im already upset with them for pathetic support on anno 1404 & venice with certain major bugs

Agreed :)

i wonder how much of a PITA this will become if they are going to "Update" their servers with new code to block cracks and this eventually happens over and over..?

(thats the case going on with AC2 anyways..)

I've got to admit, while i knew that this form of DRM would piss me off (I play most of my singleplayer games on my laptop usually connected to a heavily restricted hotspot if any network connection at all), but never did i expect to see it fail this big this quickly. Personally I've had games in the past that I've pirated to avoid using my paid copy's DRM, and at that same time I've pirated SEVERAL games that I later went on to buy because I liked them far more than the demo (if any) suggested i would. Of course there are also several that got the nice "DEL" key not long after install because i didn't really care for them too.

I've got to admit, while i knew that this form of DRM would piss me off (I play most of my singleplayer games on my laptop usually connected to a heavily restricted hotspot if any network connection at all), but never did i expect to see it fail this big this quickly. Personally I've had games in the past that I've pirated to avoid using my paid copy's DRM, and at that same time I've pirated SEVERAL games that I later went on to buy because I liked them far more than the demo (if any) suggested i would. Of course there are also several that got the nice "DEL" key not long after install because i didn't really care for them too.

howcome your suprised at the speed? most games are released with crack within 24-48 hours.

they just tried to reply to it quickly and didn't have all the kinks worked out..

in the end its a big issue from a small problem most likely with their own software,

however the longer and more difficult it is to patch, will most likely determine how much longer this type

of security is used... its like beta testing (assasin's creed 2 and silent hunter 5) without asking if you would like to participate or not :lol:

Well, I think it serves people right if they buy this, it isn't any different than paying $60 for spyware if you ask me.

Also, nice to see someone have the same opinion about DLC that I do, you wouldn't believe how wrong conversations go when I try to explain to people why I think release day DLC is a terrible idea.

Well, I think it serves people right if they buy this, it isn't any different than paying $60 for spyware if you ask me.

Also, nice to see someone have the same opinion about DLC that I do, you wouldn't believe how wrong conversations go when I try to explain to people why I think release day DLC is a terrible idea.

+1 here DM. I can't stand the concept either. I know businesses are around to make a profit but it's just getting ridiculous now, and the flock of gaming sheep are following it like all is good in the world? Nah. It isn't right.