Best Case for under

CM Elite 430 is a good chassis. I've one which I've given to my sis.

The only big problem with the Elite430 is the lack of space. Yes, you heard it right, lack of space for cable management.

If you have the innovating power or you don't mind the mess of cable it can create, then go ahead & buy it.

Once I've reviewed Bitfenix Merc Alpha and I would say it's a descent entry level chassis if not a very good one. The part it lacks is the transparent side panel.

It should be good choice for you.

Anyway, I'm really surprised by the price of Gamma in UK.

I'm still torn between the two, I suppose I could use zipties for cable management in the Elite 430 if it came to it, and I do like the aesthetics. Then again the Merc Alpha would probably suit me, albeit without the window. Someone make the decision for me :lol:

Its really not too difficult to manage the cables in the 430 elite. I used zip ties and black electrical tape to cover the last bits so that it was very very clean. Also a lot of cable fits beside the drive cages.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stonerboy779/6878845111/

This was my half assed cabling before I wrapped and tucked the wires. Granted the whole case has been cut up and repurposes now. A little bit of info for those that want to know. The front of the 430elite is a near exact match the koolance triple read shroud. Meaning it makes a decent cheap case for some modded water cooling aha ha.

In the Z9 there are 2 fan spaces at the top im not sure if they go to 140 but defo 120..and cable

management is the best i've seen in a budget case

edit:if u go on google images there's h100 in them

Edited by Il_napoletano

In the Z9 there are 2 fan spaces at the top im not sure if they go to 140 but defo 120..and cable

management is the best i've seen in a budget case

edit:if u go on google images there's h100 in them

You'll never get a h100 in a 430 elite so if you want to watercolor at some point the z9 would be better easily.

I am so tempted by the Zalman Z11 Plus, admittedly it is way out of my price range but it does look :O

Looking to buy something by the end of today; but does anyone have anything bad to say about the Z11 Plus?

Okay, scrap that, I just bought it :lol:

Edited by EuroFight