Rma Cheat Sheet

bigred

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must admit that RMAing to ebuyer isn't much good. i sent them a requeast about a DOA Lite-on DVD drive. they asked me lots of questions about what i did, then when i sent it back, a got a nice email back telling me that it was DOA. A week later, i got another email telling me i would get a refund (not a replacement as was originally agreed in the RMA request conformation. no doubt this was to save them extra shipping costs).

i will bear this post in mind this in future.

Gravy that's a good point. that's why I don't suggest starting with the support / RMA department. call corporate HQ. if that call gets transfered over they KNOW something is up in the call center. that way it's not an outside call, and lord knows which higher ranking member of the food chain you've already talked to.

as far as Abit's RMA... that may have been a better way to go, dealing with the lower forms of life @ the Hseng Tech facility gets old fast. that's one of the reason I refused to carry anything by Abit, Soyo, ECS, PC chips, Matsonic or any of thier other siblings. once I saw that address to send sales requests to, I put them on the black list.

ya dont bother even going onto there web site for help unless your getting there number....the only way i will do businis besides ordering stuff is over the phone...(imo thats the only way to get stuff done with some company's)

• 1 month later...

Who should I RMA to? My Dad's micro-ATX board overheated. The CPU is still good, but capacitors are leaking. Not OC'd, but the problem was that Circle Pine Computers didn't put in a case fan. Should I RMA to Cirle pine, or Aopen(mobo company)

EDIT: everything was at stock, it was built by circle pine. I made no modifcations.

Edited by Dtaylor

I had a Intel 3.2C go bad from O.C.ing to much, I had no problem doing it on the net they sent me a new one. I had a 36gb Raptor go out and done it on the net, mine was on the way and there new one was on the way at the same time. I had a P4C800 Deluxe I bought at Frys die from water damage, (peltiers and Danger Dens system)I bought another M.B. and the serial# jumped of one on to the dead one and I returned it and got another M.B. no problem. Along with the water damage an ATI 9800 All in Wonder died I done it on the net, sent it to them with no HSF and they sent me a new one. I guess I was lucky.

Anyone have any experience with Apple? Especiall on water damage =\

For more info on my problem: http://forums.overclockersclub.com/I'm...pod-t59029.html

563529[/snapback]

water damage is REALLY tough to tell in electronics. I suggest making sure you don't have any soap residue and play dumb with em. it should get it RMA'd.

UPS were good for my brother's iPod rma (quick and free :)) but ParcelForce (in the UK) aren't a good choice to send with. They are okay for recieving stuff (cheap) but they never turn up when you ask them to.