Worth the money?

Hey Isk.  Do you have all of the auxillary power connections attached?  On your board there are two auxillary power connections on the right side of the board.  ATX_12V_2X4/ATX (2x4 12V Power Connector and 2x12 Main Power Connector) and also ATX4P (PCIe Power Connector).

If all power connectors are attached the first thing I would do is enter the BIOS and set the Init Display First setting to PCI.  It doesn't make any sense, but I've fixed an issue I had between a Gigabyte motherboard and a GTX 660 video card by changing that setting.

If that doesn't work, in your BIOS options I can think of a couple different settings you should experiment with;

PEG Gen3 Slot Configuration

Options; Gen 1, Gen 2, Gen 3, Auto - I recommend starting with Auto but give Gen 2 and Gen 3 a try if Auto fails

VGA Support

Options: Auto, EFI driver

The EFI driver should be the Default value, but you can try Auto value which should be legacy ROM option

Last but certainly not least, enable onboard VGA and confirm that you are running the latest motherboard BIOS (official release or you can try a BETA).

Frankly, everything should have worked as expected leaving all of the BIOS values at default.  So I'm perplexed as to what is causing the issue.  I wonder if there is a grounding problem between the motherboard and the case.......?

Guess the last thing I would try is pull the hardware from the case and do a minimal build outside the case.  While you're doing this do a full CMOS clear including removing the CMOS battery.  Leave everything in that state until you're ready to re-fire the hardware.  Before powering up, put the CMOS battery back in and move the clear jumper back to the save position.

I already played with those settings in BIOS, but didn't have any luck. I didn't plug in the ATX4P, since I'm only using one card, but I'll try that later. That said, I've gotten it working... though it's strange, and very worrying.

It works as long as it's not screwed into my case for support. I reseated the card, to see if maybe I made a mistake, screwed it in, retried, nothing. Unscrewed it, and had to walk away before removing the card again (cats knocked over an end table in the other room). Came back, forgot what I was doing, and turned it on to test... it worked. I was pretty astonished. But then when I tried screwing it back in, nothing again.

So it works... as long as it's not screwed in. Which leads me to believe that the board might be damaged, and that having pressure on the PCIE slot might be fixing some problematic connection or something?

Could be an alignment issue between the PCIe slot and the rear I/O panel.  I've had that on PCIe x1 and x4 slots but never a x16 slot.  Regardless, glad that it's working now.  Don't touch it :)

I don't intend to. :P

I'm quite glad everything's up and running. Getting the performance I expected to get out of it, as well. ~70 FPS at lowest in a 200 vs. 200 army battle in SC2 on Ultra settings. Only problem I've had is that my Civ 5 install no longer seems to work too well. That said, I'm gonna just try to reinstall it. The other games that I've checked seem to be working perfectly.