the Fitness Thread

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see that often in SA, although not for fitness ... For escaping the cops ! :lol:

+1 :lol:

Just got back from a nice run in my new shoes. Went to a store, where you get your running style analyzed extensively by professionals. Not like most sports stores, where you get checked by a 18yo that has no knowledge of anatomy and running. I must say that they are amazing. They'll be my distance shoes, and then when I get back in shape, I'll be getting some flats to do my intervals in.

Hit a PR on deadlifts today, 440x1. Only four pounds away from double body weight. Various assistance work after that. Then I walked around the grocery store.

Very nice! :thumbsup:

I know their are at least a couple more. Bosco is into MMA I know for sure.

Well they seriously need to wake the hell up and speak up!

If Bosco competes, what are the chances of him showing up on YouTube? :P

Went to the local athletic complex on Sunday with the intention of just running 1 1/2 miles and going home. After a half mile, I decided to do some sprints, which I haven't done in about a year and a half. 5x50 yard sprints, then 2x100 yards, and another 9x50 yard sprints. I felt a good burn afterwards and had a nice rest of my day. Monday I awoke to wonderful upper body pain. Turns out sprinting works more than your legs :(.

How long after running do you guys stretch? I've tried only a few minutes after and didn't feel much, 15 minutes seemed ok, and 30 minutes later felt best but the next day I was still pretty tight. Only been doing leg stretches when running: Calf stretch standing, hamstring stretch standing, groin stretch standing, hamstring stretch seated, quadriceps stretch seated, and I think biceps femoris stretched seated (lateral thigh muscle running from the knee to underneath my gluteus maximus).

Went to the local athletic complex on Sunday with the intention of just running 1 1/2 miles and going home. After a half mile, I decided to do some sprints, which I haven't done in about a year and a half. 5x50 yard sprints, then 2x100 yards, and another 9x50 yard sprints. I felt a good burn afterwards and had a nice rest of my day. Monday I awoke to wonderful upper body pain. Turns out sprinting works more than your legs :(.

How long after running do you guys stretch? I've tried only a few minutes after and didn't feel much, 15 minutes seemed ok, and 30 minutes later felt best but the next day I was still pretty tight. Only been doing leg stretches when running: Calf stretch standing, hamstring stretch standing, groin stretch standing, hamstring stretch seated, quadriceps stretch seated, and I think biceps femoris stretched seated (lateral thigh muscle running from the knee to underneath my gluteus maximus).

The last time i went for a run i experienced the surprising upper body pain as well, lol.

I didn't stretch afterwards though... Maybe that's where i went wrong??

I really need to get some good running shoes...

I once ran 6 miles every day for a month. Lost 24 pounds, though i really did a number on my back. That and sitting all day in front of the PC. I suggest swimming over running. :ouch:

Edited by Rofltroll

I jogged yesterday for the first time in probably a year...Oh god I was sweaty and oddly enough my veins were popping out more than when I actually use weights :lol:I'm doing that right now to get up to 30 minutes/3 miles before school ends

Leg/Shoulder day today, woo

I can't wait for winter again when its time to bulk...I feel so lame not constantly increasing weights and setting new PR's :(

Edited by Krieg1337