Fudged my motherboard

I have not yet got my x58 rig back from my brother and law so i cannot do some split testing. Even if you have to get a board and processor it just may be cheaper to grab a chip memory and board. Heck post up a want to buy thread in the market place and see what everyone has on hand. Maybe that can fix you up.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not yet got my x58 rig back from my brother and law so i cannot do some split testing. Even if you have to get a board and processor it just may be cheaper to grab a chip memory and board. Heck post up a want to buy thread in the market place and see what everyone has on hand. Maybe that can fix you up.

Already hit up the marketplace here for one. I also found  a second-hand x-58 for about 100 dollars which is ok. I have to figure out though that my cpu is still running fine first. I'll find someone eventually to test it for me.

Either way you will likely have to either rebuild or upgrade. I know its hard but I would go ahead and condemn the motherboard and processor and go from there. Either get a second hand setup or upgrade away. You never know If the old processor will fry the board. I was in the same position when i fried my x58 system earlier this year. Just went for broke and overseen on an x79 system.

As far as you know, the CPU works. GEt a board with warranty left and give it a spin. If the board goes tits up then at least it's under warranty and you'll know for sure.

Please disregard what i said and do ^^^^^ this ^^^^^first.