looking for Korean 30" IPS monitor & accurate color

monographix

Its mentioned in few places in web, (one is here http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?240965-Standard-Gamut-S-IPS-LCDs&p=4153716&viewfull=1#post4153716 ) that if using Radeon, enabling EDID under color temperature settings in CCC equals sRGB emulation in a wide-gamut monitor. Is that so ?

So far i am told that no Korean 30" yet, has sRGB emulation mode

If thats the case, just get a color calibrator and call it a day. If you need to proof, you can do it in Photoshop easy enough. I dont use sRGB modes because I like to see the full range. Once in a while, it gets me in trouble when I do not proof or save out as sRGB. For the most part like i said sRGB modes are for lazy people who don't want to calibrate. Which you still run the risk of having off colors (not as much as say a cheap $100 monitor).

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was my plan, its just my let down past experience with a "colormunki photo" and the monitors at office that makes me sceptical if i can calibrate properly a non factory calibrated Korean wide gamut monitor . I am still processing about the possibility of giving so much money and ending up with two huge monitors that i can't bring to proof either CMYK or sRGB right (*) and / or look off (or unrealistic or annoying) with the possibility of being able to send them back being rather poor. 

(* Partly maybe because i don't do something right or i dont get something right)