Valentines Day

Nyt

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the late posting. Was very busy until yesterday. My 14th was normal during the day-time. Went to collage, then in the evening watched movie with gf & then went to a restaurant for a quiet dinner.

One would think that since you've taken an "advanced reasoning" class that you'd be able to figure this out in no time. :P

Not really. If the question was like why do you think artists use the greek style today, that might be one thing. But he is asking what draws people to the greek style. I personally do not care for art, and I really can't seem to understand artists. For instance when you look at an artist who is looking at a picasso painting and they start saying S%%%% like oh well the lines represent a time of wealth when in reality it looks like something a 4 year old did.............................I start to loose faith that artists have any sort of logic at all. So then I am suposed to make assumptions about artists???

I know that what he is looking. He wants us to answer that artists are inspired by the power and prestige of the greek era. The problem is that isn't ALWAYS true. As it already stands what was supposed to be a sentence answer is now three pages long of trying to explain every single artists thoughts and opinions about the greeks. I just have a problem because everyone has their own opinions and views. Why should I clump people together and try to find a model to explain them all? And because I am who I am, I feel the compulsorily need to separate and identify individual ideas and write a freaking dissertation on crap that should have been a nice simple question about greek politics or something; on a day that I feel like I should have been able to just sit back and watch all the people and their loved ones walk around the streets as I contimplated the meaning of life. But noooooooooo. Things couldn't have been easy could they ;):rofl:

The answer is yes, it is easy, but I make it hard because I am a sadist I think :lol:

Not really. If the question was like why do you think artists use the greek style today, that might be one thing. But he is asking what draws people to the greek style. I personally do not care for art, and I really can't seem to understand artists. For instance when you look at an artist who is looking at a picasso painting and they start saying S%%%% like oh well the lines represent a time of wealth when in reality it looks like something a 4 year old did.............................I start to loose faith that artists have any sort of logic at all. So then I am suposed to make assumptions about artists???

I know that what he is looking. He wants us to answer that artists are inspired by the power and prestige of the greek era. The problem is that isn't ALWAYS true. As it already stands what was supposed to be a sentence answer is now three pages long of trying to explain every single artists thoughts and opinions about the greeks. I just have a problem because everyone has their own opinions and views. Why should I clump people together and try to find a model to explain them all? And because I am who I am, I feel the compulsorily need to separate and identify individual ideas and write a freaking dissertation on crap that should have been a nice simple question about greek politics or something; on a day that I feel like I should have been able to just sit back and watch all the people and their loved ones walk around the streets as I contimplated the meaning of life. But noooooooooo. Things couldn't have been easy could they ;):rofl:

The answer is yes, it is easy, but I make it hard because I am a sadist I think :lol:

Statistically speaking they are. I've heard from a couple art and english students that almost all of the alternative art, literature and anything of the sort is completely subjective and the artists rarely ever have any sort of intentions that the critics claim. Professors will never admit this though (in my experience)

#3 in this is also a good example of why art critics are full of garbage.

Edited by Silas13013