Next-gen Ati Card Benched!

razor

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best card on the market, price being considered. Now I wait for hardforum to release their review.

Edited by Ste

Awesome performance for $199 :thumbs-up:
+1!
I am anxious to see what the 4870 and mainly the x2 will do, looks like its fixing to be time to upgrade again....
If the 4850 performs this good, what will the 4870 be like? *drool*

might want to fix those charts i couldn't between both blues and oranges because they are the same color.

i get ones suppose to be darker but i sure can't see it.

ATI did it again, they have come out with a nice card that gets the job done. I am still waiting for the day when they are able to launch a card around the same time as Nvidia that is going to out perform them.

agreed its time to upgrade again rockon5nk.gif

Hai,

I'm wondering whether the reference PCB is the same as the HD3870. In that case the VF900-Cu could be used as a proper cooling solution, leaving the original heat sinks on the card.

Guest ajmatson

The design all looks the same and the 3800 series but I am not totally sure. I am keeping my eye out to see what aftermarket coolers will fit this card because of the high operating temperatures. I will let you know if I find anything out.

Now we wait. The 4850 looks pretty good, but, the XT version is supposed to provide twice the bandwidth, so hopefully that corresponds too a significant performance increase.