470 sli heat fix

jdm_freek

so im sure it come as no surprise that i am not happy with the heat from these gtx 470's

i have seen load temps of 80c. that being said i was thinking og aftermarket coolers but concerned about effectiveness and them not taking up too much room

has anyone dealt with artic cooling i was thinking of grabbing two of these Accelero Twin Turbo II http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/375/accelero-twin-turbo-ii.html?c=2182

they have them for $65 but amazon has them for $42

any thoghts

What about replying the thermal paste do you think that might help a little bit cause 85 degree Celsius kind of scares the hell out of me and yes I know I 1 might say I should have kept my 680 but I want to the extra money to upgrade to the next gen cards I sometimes think I'm worse the knight rider

What about replying the thermal paste do you think that might help a little bit cause 85 degree Celsius kind of scares the hell out of me and yes I know I 1 might say I should have kept my 680 but I want to the extra money to upgrade to the next gen cards I sometimes think I'm worse the knight rider

Reapplying thermal paste usually helps but it voids the warranty on most new cards but since the 470s are so old I'd say give it a go

I thought I heard you were also getting a third 470 soon ? Tri-sli will cook lol

I have a 470 just rotting in the closet, the factory thermal paste went to poo so I bought a Scythe Setsugen2 for it. It was a great cooler but you need thermal epoxy for the VRM heatsinks to stay on, the supplied adhesive was garbage. No need to worry about it anymore since I picked up a 670...

Reapplying thermal paste usually helps but it voids the warranty on most new cards but since the 470s are so old I'd say give it a go

I thought I heard you were also getting a third 470 soon ? Tri-sli will cook lol

the funny part is that the 24 70's do better in most games then my 680 did the only reason why I sold my 680 was because the next gen cards are coming out soon and now I have 450 to put towards new card Edited by jdm_freek

As others have stated 80c is fine for that card. I noticed that whenever I ran sli/crossfire that my top card was always much hotter than the bottom one so I at least made an effort to at times swap them around.

• 4 months later...