Replicating Hard drive image

junkerde

All the seagate hate here makes me wish I hadn't had 3 back to back 500GB Scorpios die on me

WD scorpios drive are horrible. I would never recommend a 2.5 WD drive to anyone. Now there 3.5 drives are a different story.

But we are not talking about laptop drives, we are all complaining about desktop drive. And which one will beat up the others at lunch time.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard drives are like many a computer component - once you find a brand that holds the test of time many of us tend to stick with it. I'm not hating on Seagate - just usually loving on WD :)

On that note I'm really glad that you've had such great luck with Seagate - because the most important thing for price, quality and innovation is competition. Of which there isn't much left after SG gobbled up Samsung and Maxtor.

Wasn't directed at you just had to strongly support my favorite platter drive maker.

WD scorpios drive are horrible. I would never recommend a 2.5 WD drive to anyone. Now there 3.5 drives are a different story.

But we are not talking about laptop drives, we are all complaining about desktop drive. And which one will beat up the others at lunch time.

Lol, so far my 750GB is holding up. The 750GB samsung 2.5" it replaced crapped out in less than 3 months :lol:, seagate 2.5" drives have been the best I've found so far though (unless that samsung was really a seagate from the buy out, but we'll never know. It said Samsung so that's who i'm blaming). I sent it in to Cyberpower and they sent me back a Scorpio Blue 750GB (maybe all their samsung drives were dying :O) which has been pretty awesome (amazing speed for 5400rpm 2.5")