No boot when I try to put my sata into raid mode.

Tjj226_Angel

So here is the story. I have a gigabyte UP4 x79 motherboard and a what ever the 4 core ivybridge-e chip is (I can not remember what it is). 

When ever I set my sata to raid configuration, the pc will get past the bios screen and then restart. 

When the mobo is in IDE or ACHI, everything works just fine. But raid just does not wanna work for some reason. 

I have tried updating the BIOS and other various methods, but nothing works. 

I am probably missing something REALLY simple here, and I would live it if you guys could tell me what could possibly be going wrong. 

I am not doing anything different than my past 3 raid 0 arrays. 

Thanks in advance. 

Did you go into the RAID ROM Screen and setup the RAID array? Do you currently have data on the drives? Sounds like you have an os set to AHCI and trying to boot from it in RAID causes the failure. Wipe both drives with Killdisk if thats the case. 

Did you go into the RAID ROM Screen and setup the RAID array? Do you currently have data on the drives? Sounds like you have an os set to AHCI and trying to boot from it in RAID causes the failure. Wipe both drives with Killdisk if thats the case. 

yea this, you have to configure your hard drives (or ssd's) for raid array for it for it to work properly...

It does not make it that far. 

I simply change the mobo to raid and it just keeps restarting itself

Are you sure it's rebooting before the RAID ROM comes up?

Also, reset your clocks to stock if you're OC'd. Running a higher PCIe clock can wonk out the onboard RAID sometimes too.

...and once you go to raid, sometime during boot up, usually right after it scans the system drives, you'll see a key press combination that will get you into raid setup screen functions...

Well I finally got it to work. The raid drivers were already installed and all of the software SHOULD have been taken care of. 

It turns out that the latest gigabyte bios for my motherboard is bugy (had to pour over several other forums to find this out). So I had to use a older version that never came with the board to get things to work. 

@ waco: sent you a PM.