Sapphire HD 7970 6GB Toxic Edition Review

bp9801

You can always force a VRAM issue if you really try. Dropping a single setting down one notch to play fluidly (and save HUNDREDS) is a no-brainer. :lol:

I agree. Right now I am still waiting on my GTX 670 (I ordered it when it was back ordered from NCIX) so I am forced to use my GMA 4000 graphics. I OCed it just a tad and it plays MW3 better than my PS3. Skyrim still lags like a ****, but portal 2, BF2, Bioshock1 and 2, are all playing nicely on integrated graphics with 512mb of my system ram. If it wasn't for skyrim, I probably would have saved the money on the 670 and returned it.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At what point does the GTX 580 beat this card?

At no point, lol. My highest overclocking GTX 580 can't beat my lowest overclocking HD 7970 3GB, except in maybe some games where FSAA is involved.

Edited by El_Capitan

This is a terrible card IMHO considering the price. Considering you can pick up 2 7950 flex edition cards and put them in crossfire for about the same amount of money and WAYYYYYYYYY more the performance, this card seems more like a joke than anything.

+1

While this is barking up the wrong tree to this crowd do you realize the actual percentage of the market that actually buy multiple video cards. Do you realize the percentage of users that do not overclock their hardware? We are the minority, so when you put it in that perspective place the value where it is. The majority of end users will pay for a specific level of performance with the card running its stock frequencies. The Neoseeker crowd is a perfect example of this(Not in derogatory terms in any way shape or form). They want plug and play and want to know if it is faster than this comparison. No tweaking , no overclocking just is it faster Some may call those uninformed buyers but they want hassle free without worrying about overclocking or stability issues.

We are the minority

There is always a buyer for every card.

Just because people think its overpriced doesn't mean others don't. Man I remember paying $4000 for 4 8800GTX's the cards now are a steal :lol:

Seems like a waste of money unless you've got 6 screens...even with three 1080p screens it's not really much faster than a regular 7970. :ouch:

Or we have to wait for something much bigger res than 1080p in a single huge monitor. :whistling:

Or we have to wait for something much bigger res than 1080p in a single huge monitor. :whistling:

Like 1920x1200, 2560x1440, and 2560x1600? :P

Or something more, like oh, 3840x2160?

Like 1920x1200, 2560x1440, and 2560x1600? :P

Or something more, like oh, 3840x2160?

I want a 60" wraparound oled with a 7680x1600 res with rbg led backlighting :)

Would need what only 2dp inputs to run :D