The Unofficial Battlefield 3 Thread

WhenKittensATK

• 4 weeks later...

Some news from an "unofficial, but from a very reliable source" on BattlefieldO

The important bits:

- Double XP Weekend May 12th to 14th :doh:

- A new feature called "Battlefield Premium" will launch June 12th and will cost money.

Rest are just dates on DLC releases

This news has me pretty upset. I've worked hard and for a long time in order to get my SPM above 700, and now they decide to have a double XP weekend (if the news is correct)! Which messes up with the SPM statistic, since it no longer will show accurate readings :huh: . Unless, of course, they have thought about this and added a correction to the measurement but that's pretty unlikely :( .

And that's just from a personal point of view. Then there's the whole "emulating CoD" aspect that has the BF community up in arms.

I bought a BF3 server

1 Start N00b Friendly 24/7 Conquest Zone

[76.102.38.230:47200]

I'm trying to populate it, so I can justify upgrading it.

Its got instant vehicle spawn, and I am always ready to tweak settings to make it more playable.

I have no idea how to find a server by IP....

• 3 weeks later...

there has been rumours circulating for a while now of a battlefield "premium" service launching sometime this year for $50USD. It is rumoured to include:

all five expansion packs:

• Back to Karkand (already a pre-order bonus),
  • Close Quarters
  • Armored Kill
  • Aftermath
  • End Game

The service will also get subscribers access to future DLC maps two weeks early, increase their soldier customization options, and get exclusive in-game items.

Premium members will also get access to new features such as being able to reset stats, and "queue priority into servers."

Ok things dont sound so bad. Until you get to the last sentence. Queue priority is ok in a F2P game. It is not ok in a game that already cost $60USD

But wait it gets better! Someone got a photo of it appearing on the aussie PSN the otherday. $79.95AUD!

EA can get F#$%ed if they honestly think i'm going to pay $80AUD for DLC. Especially when you are charging other regions less AND when the game costs way less than that thesedays. Not to mention the fact i didn't even pay that much for the game in the first place! Admittedly, I have not played the game since Nov / Dec last year because of the cluster F#$% that is origin & battlelog and the gigantic patches.

Congratulations EA *slow claps*. Battlefield is now equal to COD in my books. Equal in the regard that I will not buy another BF title due to your greedy business practices. I'm done. I'm out. I've had enough of this BS, treating good customers like dirt and milking every cent you can out of them. I know some of you will be shaking your head, thinking that this isn't as "evil" as some of their previous actions but i guess this was "the straw that broke the camel's back".

Sorry guys. I know its a biased rant post. but I really have had enough of EA's greedy BS business practices ruining good games / franchises/ devs.

Who would have thought that a one time purchase of $50 for a lot of content and benefits would be such a bad thing to some people. Priority queuing isn't really that bad. Considering most servers I try to join only have like 1-3 people in queue if they ever do.

Here's a tip move to another server and move out of AUS.

=========

If you want to find pistol servers, enter pistol into server filter and that might pull up some servers for you.

Edited by AZNguyen