when can YOU die happy?

WarWeeny

Zen has it right, it is the journey, not the destination.

There are no guarranties. You just have to hope, looking back, your choices made sense to you, and you are comfortable with them.

There are a lot of short answers, the best are caring about people and being cared for in return.

Recognizing your talents and using them.

Recognizing challenges.

Being comfortable in your own skin.

Accepting the help and encouragement that is a part of living.

Having been the help and encouragement of others.

Personal highs have to be shared to matter.

now if I could just find that long eared green guy..

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NOPES?

For me its once I have completed my ridiculous life goals haha

NOPES = all the creepy things in Australia that could kill you in mere minutes XD

All I want is a self sustaining job that isn't very physically taxing and a significant other that's willing to spend the rest of her life with me. Places I must travel to before I die would be Australia(even with all the NOPES there), Taiwan, and Japan. That's about it!

This resonated with me, I want to travel and see more of the world.

Also, however childish it is, I've always had a life goal to drive, pilot, command, or ride every vehicle type in existence (and have a license to do so if possible)

Have car and motorcylce so far, still have boat, plane, tank, hovercraft, bus, truck etc. to go.

Then once all is said and done I'd want a humble home (unless I live a traveler's life) with a nice family

Haha I've always wanted to pilot a fighter jet of some sort and a helicopter.

I don't know if I'd want to settle down and live in a set location or travel around the world for the rest of my days.

Zen has it right, it is the journey, not the destination.

There are no guarranties. You just have to hope, looking back, your choices made sense to you, and you are comfortable with them.

There are a lot of short answers, the best are caring about people and being cared for in return.

Recognizing your talents and using them.

Recognizing challenges.

Being comfortable in your own skin.

Accepting the help and encouragement that is a part of living.

Having been the help and encouragement of others.

Personal highs have to be shared to matter.

now if I could just find that long eared green guy..

Yep I gotta agree with ya the journey is half the adventure.

NOPES?

For me its once I have completed my ridiculous life goals haha

NOPES = all the creepy things in Australia that could kill you in mere minutes XD

Australians? xD

I live for this day alone, I rarely ponder death as it is an absolute certainty for life as we know it. I like what Tim Robbins said in" Shawshank redemption"

"get busy living or get busy dying" the rest is basically out of our control.

What would i need to achieve before i can actually die in peace/happy?

Our sole existence as a human is to further the human race genetically or technologically. ~50% of all living humans in my opinion (short of literally expanding the gene pool) will do our race no good by having one child let alone multiple.

In addition more than 50% of all living people IMO possess no acceptable brain capacity to be a competent member of society.

That being said, to me death is death, when I die I'm going to rot into the ground and become fertilizer. I don't believe in spiritual anything or any sort of after life, so 'dying happy' to me is not a sensical phrase.

Now if the question was what makes you 'live happy' then I might be able to rattle off a few things.

Also I tend to overthink things and I'm sure this post was excessively ridiculous.

:P

• 3 weeks later...

I think I could die happy when we have definitive proof of an alien civilization, that is hopefully not bent on our eradication.

Curious how this will matter to you when you die?

I will be able to find comfort in my demise when I am finally paid fairly in my chosen profession, for long enough that my wife, daughters, and granddaughter, are completely ok and taken care of after I'm gone...I've been steadily employed since age 14 and have little to show for my efforts... many employers have benefitted from my work, yet I have not, and at this stage I see no way to change my life's course for the better... I often feel defeated and discouraged regarding working for a living, and see no way to retire gracefully...in my estimation, the little bit of social security that I have earned will not be enough to sustain my wife and I into our elder years (if there is still such a things social security security in 10 years), so therefore I foresee only working until I drop dead to look forward to at this time...if this schema should change then much of the negativity I feel about working for a living would subside, and I would find much peace in knowing my family wouldn't have to suffer through daily living as I have...

today i will do life on life's terms, not my terms, but i will be daydreaming about surfing and fishing !