Can you laugh hard enough?

SpeedCrazy

what is this world coming to!!!! next we're going to have Computer activists...they are locked up, they are slaves, they only ever get told what to do, and when you get fed up with them...you sell them.....let's see if we can get a court case on that....lol

If dolphins and whales get rights, why do we immediately remove their right to work? That sounds pretty inhumane to me...Is it because we deny them citizenship?

Then we'd have to pay 'em. And since they can't manage money they would have to have proxies or guardians. They would be exploited. It would be more human to leave them as is.

When they have entertainment jobs we already pay them in food, housing and medical care. Based on the average high profile entertainer, the only thing they are missing out on is _ex and drugs. Both of which can easily be fixed, although I think dolphin brothels brings up an entirely different set of issues.

Edited by Master Binky

On a more serious note, maybe all of these academia should focus on procuring and ensuring those rights for every member of the human race before they go chasing dolphin dreams.

Your sig alone kind of shows why it's more worthwhile to support dolphins over humans. :whistling:

In other news Tilikum, Katina, Kasatka, Corky, and Ulises have also decided to renounce their slave names. And they also resent the "Killer Whale" stereotype and prefer to be called Pacific-American whales.

Well I think it should be up to the dolphins if they want to be in captivity or not. When I went scuba diving down in Florida, there was almost like a horse shoe shape viewing station (for lack of a better term) that was open to the ocean. So basically all sorts of marine animals would come in from the sea and this camp thing (again for lack of a better term (we called it sea base, but obviously that is a stupid name)) and we would feed them fish.

We got to see dolphins, the dolphins got food, and no one was imprisoning anything. Everyone wins. Why can't we just use a system like that?

I can also tell you from the same experience that yes indeed they are self aware. There were two dolphins, one with a dark spot and another one with no spot. They both had different preferences in fish. If you fed trout to the one with the spot, it would taste it, spit it out, and splash you with water. Then it used it's dolphin language to say what I could only assume was a long line of curse words. I suppose you could also say they played with us when we went diving, but I don' know if that truly qualifies as self aware.

As for the whales, they should not be kept in captivity. Have we learned nothing from free willy :lol:

But seriously, to keep an animal that big in that small of tank is just stupid. Plus I can believe it is slave labor at sea world. Not because all aquarium places that have killer whales are using them as slaves, but I don't know if any of you would remember or not, a while back I want to say green peace found that sea world was being extraordinarily cruel to Orca whales. They were starving them, beating them with god knows what, there were lacerations on them. It wasn't a pretty sight. Granted that was a while ago (I want to say in the early 1990s) but I could see animal cruelty being a factor here and slave labor would not be to far of a leap for PETA (remember it is PETA).

Plus the whales obviously don't like it. Tillikum the whale has killed three trainers at sea world. He (or she?) obviously is freaking pissed.

Whaling should also stop because whales are endangered animals and are crucial to the ecosystem. When whales are just taking up wayyyyyy to much space in the ocean then maybe, but we do need to let them grow back. That though is not a matter of humanism, but rather just common sense. (e.g. you don't kill all the cows, you let some live to reproduce)

I pretty much agree with them (PETA) on all points. They way in which they sell it is a little.........odd. However, they are correct in their beliefs, they just need to figure out where the line is drawn before humans aren't allowed to have dog, cats, or common house hold pets.