Best 30" monitor

damian

My house was recently burgluraized and they took my tv. After some thought i decided to just stick with a computer and turn it into a home theatre.

I am looking for a 30" monitor preferably with 120hz (if they have any, if not its okay) 

I'll be using a GTX 460 but probably get a top of the line card down the road.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your home being burglarized.

Since you're looking for a 30" monitor, I'm going to guess that your budget is around the $1,000 range, right? Pretty much the two best ones to consider are the Dell UltraSharp U3011 and the HP ZR30w. Only thing is there aren't any 30" monitors with 120Hz. There are some 27" ones, but that's pretty much it.

why not just buy a 3d tv, they are cheap these days.

2560x1600 monitor >>>>>>>>>> ANY tv, (except maybe those 4x res ones)

I've never really given the whole 3d tech much thought. Too gimmickey. Maybe in ten years i'll think about it.

Good choice, go 30", never look back

Forst c

Sorry to hear about your home being burglarized.

Since you're looking for a 30" monitor, I'm going to guess that your budget is around the $1,000 range, right? Pretty much the two best ones to consider are the Dell UltraSharp U3011 and the HP ZR30w. Only thing is there aren't any 30" monitors with 120Hz. There are some 27" ones, but that's pretty much it.

Exactly. I was going to post these two models, when I saw your post. There is nothing better than these two at the same price range.