Cosmos II Ultra Case and Water Cooling

i just placed the order today for the complete CPU loop from Frozen CPU. Rad,block,res,pump ,fans,lighting, 1/2" ID, sleeving, LED's, (the coolest looking reservoir ever) a kill Coil.

should have pics up next week.

now working on the GPU loop, that is obviously a bit more involved if I want to get tangible results with four cards, so it's getting creative.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so jealous, my case hasn't even shipped yet :(

My watercooling loop is here, I just have nowhere to house it :lol:

My CPU water cooling loop will consist of:

- CPU water block

- Motherboard water block (chipset & v-reg)

- Dual bay split reservoir

- MCP 655 pump

- Swiftech MCR320 radiator

- Phobya G-Changer 140mm radiator

- 1/2" ID by 5/8" OD tubing

My GPU water cooling loop won't go in for a while, as I'm waiting for the GTX680 to be released so I can see if it beats the HD 7970 before I upgrade.

I still don't see the fantasy's with the Cosmos II. Personally I don't like the case at all -- I think it is hideous and for it's high dollar price, I don't see the point. It's just not very appealing to the eye. Yes it's big...but how big an e-penis do you all need? There's plenty of other large cases that at least look neat. haha

@ Waco - Technically it's not a CPU only loop; it's got my CPU (3930K at 5GHz hopefully - HOT), then my v-reg (runs at about 90C currently), and my chipset. Also, the MCP655 will be dumping in some pretty good heat as well.

@ Red - Nice pump, that's basically the same one I have isn't it? Also, we got the same water block, I love the look of that Koolance block. I was thinking of getting the XT45 but it was too thick to fit up top.

@ BP - You just don't get it. This is about c-peen, not e-peen. Huge difference! :lol:

But seriously the aesthetics appeal to some people, and some hate it, it's like that with most cases. I personally love the way it looks. The fact that it's built like a tank and large enough to hold anything I could ever dream of throwing at it is also pretty awesome, I can see this case lasting me the next three builds at least.

Cooler Master design intention was for the rad below, and the fans up top. obviously you can do it anyway you want, but i wanted at least a 40mm, so i am putting it below the plate.

yeah that pump is rated for 1500 LPH, so that should not be an issue :)

Yeah, I figured that was the intention, but I didn't want it getting too crowded up top with that 140mm radiator sitting on the back exhaust. Besides, the MCR320 supposedly holds it's own pretty well against those thicker radiators.

Yeah, I figured that was the intention, but I didn't want it getting too crowded up top with that 140mm radiator sitting on the back exhaust. Besides, the MCR320 supposedly holds it's own pretty well against those thicker radiators.

I have read that as well.:) isn't your supposed to ship out...like today?

From what I've seen you're better off not stacking radiators, ever. The hot air from the first radiator makes the second radiator extremely inefficient at shedding heat.

That's what I'd think too. The extra fans won't help that much, plus it's probably going to be quite troublesome to install.

If I were to win a lottery, I'll join this thread too :P

I still don't see the fantasy's with the Cosmos II. Personally I don't like the case at all -- I think it is hideous and for it's high dollar price, I don't see the point. It's just not very appealing to the eye. Yes it's big...but how big an e-penis do you all need? There's plenty of other large cases that at least look neat. haha

While I agree I also see the appeal. Lets face it there is no need for most people for anyone to spend more than about $150 on a case. From the $100 to $150 price point there are great case options with awesome feature sets. I mean we have the Arc, entire Corsair line up from the Carbides through the Graphites as well as numerous cases from a lot of solid makers. Add to this the fact that with the Thermaltake Chaser or Overseer you can get full tower sizes as well. Looking at these lineups it is easy to see all the features we see in higher cost cases so why buy them? The simple truth is it is about making a statement with the case. Just the same as buying a Lamborghini, it is about what it says to others.