Quite frankly you won't see any real world difference. I actually just had a course on structure of computer systems at university about memories. The main differences between DDR2 and DDR3 in performance is mainly that DDR3 consumes less power (1.65V). The frequency is higher in DDR3 but the timings are also greater which kind of evens out. between C7 and 1066 and C9 1600 , C9 1600 is somewhat faster but you won't see absolutely any difference in games. 1866 memory isn't worth the 10-20$ in my opinion, especially for games. I dare someone to prove me wrong.

I suggest going for the 1600 C7. Those numbers are given by manufacturers and they represent the manufacturer's guarantee that they will run at those given parameters. You could overclock the 1066 ones but the chance that they will go to C9 at 1600 is greater and there is little guarantee that they will achieve 1600 MHz and C7. 1600 C7 is great for gaming right now but you won't really see much of a difference between 1066 and 1600 in games really. I say go for the 1600 ones. (you will have to enter bios to overclock your ram to those specifications since the mobo will set the ram at a different speed. My OCZ 1600 for example was set to 1066 by default so i had to tweak it).

I agree with buying 1600 MHz CAS 9. How much ram does that 4250 eat up? If it eats up 1GB of ram, then maybe 8 GB RAM won't be such a bad idea. Otherwise i suggest you stick to 4 GB if you only plan on playing TF2 really :)

Expensive RAM is almost always a waste of money...just grab some CAS 9 1600 for cheap.

I can attest to that. I hated my corsair dominator ddr3 1866. Love.my.mushkin ddr3 1333 that runs around 1600mhz all day long.

You're not going to see much of a difference at all. Even Llano chips only see a few percent at most going from very slow to very fast RAM. The 4250 isn't a speed demon no matter what you do, overclocking it will get you a lot more than any RAM will.