MSI N560GTX-448 Twin Frozr III Power Edition Video Card Tested

Nemo

Thanks for posting this review! Very helpful to people like myself who are in the market for this sort of card.

I've been trying to find some UK pricing information now the card has been released, but haven't had much luck yet. Seems that most suppliers aren't listing the GTX 560TI 448 cards yet, which is a shame as I was wanting to buy one today!

Maybe I'm just being too impatient and should wait a few hours :-)

It's looking good though! Hopefully it will be priced closed to the 560ti and not the 570....

Edited by Ravendarksky

If you were running with the latest Nvidia drivers during testing, you shouldn't overclock the memory if you want the most stability out of the system. The GTX 570 should have been able to overclock more than 884MHz for the Core Clock, which is why it isn't performing as well in the review. I could get a single MSI GTX 570 card to 1000MHz Core Clock at 1150mV's, which was higher than the MSI GTX 580 and about the same as the MSI GTX 560 Ti I briefly tested. Of course, it all comes to the luck of the draw.

Anyways, I wish they could have just called it the GTX 565, but after the negative feedback the GTX 465 got, I guess they had a reason. Still, looks like a nice card, if they can price it between the original GTX 560 Ti and the GTX 570.

im fairly sure that the marketing guys down at Nvidia wanted to avoid calling it a 565 like the plague.....think back to the gtx 465......you really want to be the successor to that P O S ???

True as that might be they should get over it, the 465 was spec'd superior to the 460... this is the same thing but it actually is better.

It's bad enough the 560 is a rebranded 460 but then the 560Ti and now the new 560Ti 448 share it's name too, it's as annoying as having to differentiate between the Core 192 and Core 216 GTX260