Camcorder for cars

Onion

I'm going to start doing video reviews for cars. It should be somewhat compact so that I can easily move around the car while filming. Also, I'd need a sort of tripod that I can put in the back of the car between the passenger and driver seat to film the road while I talk and drive. How much would something like this cost me? What camcorders and tripods do you guys recommend? If you want an idea of what I'll be doing, look up saabkyle04 on youtube.

How about two different cams?

I.e. something like the Sony hdr-cx110 (~$350) for all the detail and walk around shots and for driving grab a dashboard or mirror mount cam (~$100) the quality and quantity of the dashboard cams is really increasing at the moment so I would say go for two.

However don't know your budget :lol:

Edit: You may want to get a cheap ~$10-15 lapel clip on mic with a sponge to give the most constant and even recording of your voice.

That or speak over your own voice when you publish the video, granted you will loose all car noises.

Double Edit: Looking further at your channel definitely spring for a decent set up as you have quite the subscription base and nearly hit 60 mil views too congrats :cheers:

Edited by Stonerboy779

My budget is pretty low lmao, I forgot to mention that. If I can find something decent for 100 bucks, that'd be nice. As for the driving shots, here's a video of the angle I want, I'm not sure how it's achieved though.

Double Edit: Looking further at your channel definitely spring for a decent set up as you have quite the subscription base and nearly hit 60 mil views too congrats :cheers:

Hahaha, that's not my channel man! It's just another channel with a guy doing basically the same thing I will do in a couple weeks.

Hahaha, that's not my channel man! It's just another channel with a guy doing basically the same thing I will do in a couple weeks.

Haha okay then

For that shot your best bet is a bracket made out of a couple of Ls and bands, then strapped down to the seat.

I can sketch a rough design of what I reckon would work best.

A $100... hmm invest a bit more if you are going to be serious about it, otherwise you could get a PnS of the same quality as a camcorder at that price.

Haha okay then

For that shot your best bet is a bracket made out of a couple of Ls and bands, then strapped down to the seat.

I can sketch a rough design of what I reckon would work best.

A $100... hmm invest a bit more if you are going to be serious about it, otherwise you could get a PnS of the same quality as a camcorder at that price.

What's the lowest going price for a decent quality camcorder? I'd rather not spend a fortune on one, but I still need good quality.

And sure, I'd like a quick doodle of your idea, thanks.

Edited by l33t p1mp

$250-350 might be able to get one on amazon around or under $200 although I ain't entirely sure on the going prices in the us.

You have any links to any sites dedicated to cameras ect?

Yeah give us a bit will sketch something up.

i would say around $200 for a good starters camera. if you can find stuff on sale once in a while that would normal be in the 350-400 range but it's not often.

can't give you a much advice on the cheaper stuff, i barrow a Panasonic AG-DVX for the random things i do but thats like $4,000

Edited by hornybluecow

http://www.gopro.com

The HD Hero is great, there's a kit available with a suction cup (or whatever you call those) included already.

+1 for the hero 2, i work with heaps of them. surfing vids, skating, bmx, dirt bikes etc, i am yet to use one on a car, but when the track car im working on is finished, i will hook a few up to it for sure. probably 3 or 4 of them for a heap of nice shots