Sapphire Radeon 5870 Toxic 2GB Reviewed

Bosco

I'd also like to suggest something. Instead of each review only showing that one cards overclock numbers, it would be nice to show every cards overclock numbers. have a bar for each, and then maybe the last 10% of each bar going a little higher to show its overclock potential. Cause we're all probably going to overclock, and each card has different headroom, so that's what we want to see. Pain in the butt to go through each review and write down the overclock numbers for that single card to compare several cards.

I was going to say the same thing but it slipped my mind when posting, Thanks for bringing this up its a great idea :) you could just make the bar charts slightly thinner so as to acomidate the extra one showing OC'd scores. Or you could just show the top 2 or 3 cards OC scores if not :thumbs-up:

can u add Dirt 2 too?

Metro 2033... AVP ..... Dirt 2.... And when its released crysis 2

Sorry guys no dirt 2. Framerates can all over the place if the same run is not completed.

I was going to say the same thing but it slipped my mind when posting, Thanks for bringing this up its a great idea :) you could just make the bar charts slightly thinner so as to acomidate the extra one showing OC'd scores. Or you could just show the top 2 or 3 cards OC scores if not :thumbs-up:

This has been talked about, I will say it again for 5th time lol.

New benchmarks are coming and new graphs are coming. We just had to finish what we had so give us a little bit to finish our testing etc.

Yeah I will admit this is a very strange array of test criteria. L4D2 has been out for several months already and L4D is benched instead?

Yes it has but its the same with new characters so why switch for a new look? L4D still shows scaling pretty well with new to older cards.

Yeah I will admit this is a very strange array of test criteria. L4D2 has been out for several months already and L4D is benched instead?

Its not easy to just switch a game because its new. I wish it was but an update is coming.

man so much criticism lol, no really you guys do great reviews, i dont trust any other reviews til i read em here i never felt led wrong, i always check reviews here before i make important buying decisions! great job, and to the 5870 2gb idk that the 50 bucks is worth it unless ur def gunna overclock it :D

Its not easy to just switch a game because its new. I wish it was but an update is coming.

Sorry if my criticism came across as harsh....you guys do awesome reviews!! It was just a little head scratcher as I've played both L4D and L4D2 and the performance difference is pretty substantial from what I noticed. And thats on the rig in my sig.

Did not take it that way! :)

If the base game engine does not change it is not a real change for us! It takes a ton of testing to switch up games. Offering suggestions is welcome but be forewarned we may or may not be able to accommodate the request.

Sorry if my criticism came across as harsh....you guys do awesome reviews!! It was just a little head scratcher as I've played both L4D and L4D2 and the performance difference is pretty substantial from what I noticed. And thats on the rig in my sig.

Did not take it that way! :)

If the base game engine does not change it is not a real change for us! It takes a ton of testing to switch up games. Offering suggestions is welcome but be forewarned we may or may not be able to accommodate the request.

Ya I didn't take it that way. With so many cards its so hard to just add a game here in there its tough. I wish it was more simple but there is nothing we can do. We try and show games that show the biggest jumps. I hate games that show no change because it can be misleading that there is no performance gains at all when in fact it's not true. A lot of times its just the game thats limited so like I said its not simple.

There has been a lot of time put into our new testing suite that is coming up from both myself and ccokeman and the way we are changing things. At the end of the day it will be better and I am sure you guys will approve. We have kept track of everything you guys have said and now we are going to bring that into play so stay tuned. :)

i +1 for bad company 2 being added to the suite. its not overly hard on a card but its still challenging at max. well balanced game etc.

anyways, great review keep it up , im ready for the new graphs, games suite, and forum layout (not holding my breath :P )