Final Fantasy XIII

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Leona Lewis of all people? What kind of idiot was left in charge of that decision? I can't even hear the dialogue properly over that incessant warbling...

If that song features in that game I'll be so annoyed <_<

EDIT: Decided to give the rest of the trailer a go. Stopped half way. The music is crap and the voice acting is sub par =| What the heck?

Edited by Danrik

JRPG have always been linear. It's just the style the Japanese developers do. They prefer it over the big open world (sandbox) as to them it helps build and presets the story better. Then again there are other Japanese developers who love the Western style of sandboxes, IE Kojima and others. Clearly different styles, so don't go into this game expecting it to be like a Western RPG. But of course you will be free to roam once you get far enough in the game as most FF games. FF games are known for all their side quests and hidden items.

Why Leona Lewis of all people? What kind of idiot was left in charge of that decision? I can't even hear the dialogue properly over that incessant warbling...

EDIT: Decided to give the rest of the trailer a go. Stopped half way. The music is crap and the voice acting is sub par =| What the heck?

They were going to make a new song from scratch for the NA/Euro release. Lack of staff led to them just picking a song that was already made. Her album publisher is none other than Sony Music :D The original FF composer moved to FF 14, so different person did FF 13.

I guess you could just buy a PS3 (Region free) and import the game and learn Japanese :P. That's the ultimate solution. Otherwise you're going to hear this song again if you play the game, as it is the official theme song for the International version.

Better to play it than not play it at all.

Final Fantasy Versus 13 doesn't the the main FF composer as well, but so far the music in it seems fine from the trailers.

Edited by Krazyxazn

:lol: 'Incessant Warbling' :lol: Danrik, i feel the EXACT same as you do, siriously why her of all people? Besides i only got into a few Classic FF games, i actually like reading up on the World more, because its so expansive and in depth, everything ties into something else its kinda cool, but like many others i just started losing interest with some of the newer Titles..

Dirge of Cerberus was just like W>T>F because it ruined my favourate FF character! (yeah im a vincent fan :rockon:) it told the story.. partly, but everything was just bad.. in the end i just got a hold of the Video cutscenes (the best part, hehe Love those CGI graphics) and dumped the game.

And yes im actually more interested in FF Versus 13 then i am 13, because it looks so damn cool, but i've seen some in-game footage and im not really impressed, it could look so much better, but anyway that was probably old betta footage or something, i still hope it comes to the EU! :)

Edited by SenitaL

:lol: 'Incessant Warbling' :lol: Danrik, i feel the EXACT same as you do, siriously why her of all people?

Kudos for taste in video game music! :D

Besides i only got into a few Classic FF games, i actually like reading up on the World more, because its so expansive and in depth, everything ties into something else its kinda cool, but like many others i just started losing interest with some of the newer Titles..

Dirge of Cerberus was just like W>T>F because it ruined my favourate FF character! (yeah im a vincent fan :rockon:) it told the story.. partly, but everything was just bad.. in the end i just got a hold of the Video cutscenes (the best part, hehe Love those CGI graphics) and dumped the game.

My friend played that game religiously! What was so bad about Dirge?

An Interview With Final Fantasy XIII’s Kitase And Toriyama

Is there a specific reason why Japanese voices were left out of the game?

For the European version, the facial expressions and lip syncronisation are all lined up with the English lines, so the Japanese voices would not match up right. That was the main worry.

Finally, why does Sahz have a Chocobo in his hair?

What happened was, initially we only had a concept of this character being happy and jolly. Nomura designed the character and gave him an afro while, flippantly, drew a small chocobo next to him. As we looked at this, we lliked the idea and the chocobo got added into the story. That’s how it happened.

WoW's Chocobo? At least that's what I call it :D

How much emphasis is placed on story and cutscenes in FFXIII? Do you feel it’s balanced with gameplay, or heavy on either side?

The basic playtime is about 50 to 60 hours, for the main story. Amongst which, the cutscenes make up about 10 hours. So, quite a large amount, with very high quality graphics, of course. So there’s plenty of story and gameplay to enjoy.

How much sidequest content is there in XIII?

We call them “missions”, rather than “quests”. During the second half of the story, when the characters go down to a place called Pulse, there are many missions available there. In the majority of them the boss of the mission who you have to defeat, is more powerful than the main boss of the story. I’ve already told you that the basic playing time is 50 to 60 hours, but if you want to complete all the missions, the total time is probably twice that or more.

Will there be any New Game+ content in Final Fantasy XIII?

When you finish the main quest there are some growth elements of the the characters which will unlock once you’ve defeated the last boss. After this is done, you’ll be easily able to return to Pulse and take part in the many missions available there. There is no way to start the game again with your current character stats, however.

And there are actually people asking/wanting DLC :P. The game is pretty long as it is. Finish it then ask for more afterwards :rolleyes:

Edited by Krazyxazn

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/05/digital-...i-adequate-but/

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...postcount=12055

Yep, it's pretty clear that the xbox just isn't up to the challenge of playing FF13. :P

In all seriousness though, how can anyone take this kind of thing serious? I mean it really doesn't make any sense to me that people play on consoles only and care about graphics in their games. That's just my opinion though, simply doesn't seem logical to me.

Edited by Deathmineral