What WEB Browser do you use and why?

DnaAngel

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has gotten me thinking and I really don't think I give some browsers enough of a chance sometimes. I've really only used Firefox for the longest time and while I do love it, I can't help but feel I'm a little too much of a fanboy for it. So I've decided I will attempt to use other browsers as my main browser for a while, starting with Opera, as it's my second favorite.

I really liked Opera for a while, but my anti-virus/spyware software didn't work in conjunction with it. So I switched back to IE and Chrome.

IE9 is decent compared to previous versions. Chrome is nice and trim, I use it sometimes, more and more. Firefox has too much ad-on crap. They lost me a long time ago when Netscape became burdened. We use Firefox on our work PCs sometimes--I don't like it.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually use Chrome, but I've started to use an x64 variant of FireFox that is just as fast as Chrome. Its called WaterFox, and it does seem to work with all the plugins I currently use, so you guys might want to check it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I use the latest firefox . "10 I think" . I like the download manager and the way it manages the bookmark. Have tried chome a couple of times.

I just cant get used/dont like the bookmarks .

I use Firefox 3.6.26. As for why, I actually did initially upgrade to Firefox 4 soon after it was released... Only to go back to Firefox 3 within a couple of hours of use. I simply see no reason to upgrade. If I'd wanted to use Chrome, I'd have downloaded Chrome. Mozilla kinda dropped the ball.