Anyone watch any of the 13 hour filibuster that took place last night?

Gr4vitas

Nobody at my work even knew it occurred which really made me sad.

Finally someone in washington standing up for what they believe in (literally) without just accepting some $1,000,000 "donation" to shut his mouth.

Standing up for our liberties freedoms and rights is something I think we can all get behind.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/07/sen-paul-holds-floor-for-hours-in-filibuster-cia-nominee-over-drone-concerns/

Rand Paul made his point - good for him!!!!!!!!!!

Does Obama really think it is Ok to kill Americans on U.S. soil without a trial?

Previous words out of his mouth would say 'Yes'.

Edited by AkakmanH

Nobody at my work even knew it occurred which really made me sad.

Finally someone in washington standing up for what they believe in (literally) without just accepting some $1,000,000 "donation" to shut his mouth.

Standing up for our liberties freedoms and rights is something I think we can all get behind.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/07/sen-paul-holds-floor-for-hours-in-filibuster-cia-nominee-over-drone-concerns/

I didn't watch it, but i did read about it last night. Watching any politician talk for very long bores me stiff.

Didn't watch but have been keeping up with it on the news.  I try not to get too caught up in "conspiracy" theories, but the lack of a solid answer on the drone question has really disturbed me.  Here we are living in a country trying to disarm law abiding citizens while at the same time "hinting" that it might be acceptable for the government to use spy drones to conduct strategic assassinations (murders) of American citizens, on American soil, without due process...............  hmm makes me wonder.

Our US government is broken so when will people understand that....  Thats just how America will be until it collapses in 50ish years. Also all i could think about when i read the title was "who would watch 13hours of nothing?"

Our US government is broken so when will people understand that....  Thats just how America will be until it collapses in 50ish years. Also all i could think about when i read the title was "who would watch 13hours of nothing?"

+1

I don't think anyone would have watched it for what he said, you are right he probably didn't say anything worth listening to, its the fact that he said it. Like the OP said he stood up for what he believed in, and that is what we are applauding, not 13 hours of waffle.