Help: LGA 1366 and Samsung Low Voltage RAM

Rylen

Tried these settings and got a blue screen after 2-3 minutes of Primem95.

eIjy7.jpgCmxu1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Vg43H.jpg[/img

DwcV7.jpglLTV1.jpg

Kept all settings the same but lowered BCLK to 160, this netted me 3.36 ghz and 1600mhz RAM with 9/9/9/24 timings, I shut down Prime95 after 2 hours p. idle temp was 42, load was 69 tops

Stil wanna shoot for slightly faster CPU and RAM than that tho, and/or tighter timings too

im going to guess its a ram error,  its been a while since i played with my 1366 setup.   Try upping the  qpi/dram voltage by .1     Also did your computer boot with the 21x175 before changing the ram to 1754mhz?    

OK went back and found some old screen shots of my bios and was doing 1.652v on qpi/dram voltage to do 1856mhz @ 7-9-7-24-2n on the ram.

Edited by olokul

I figured a bsod was coming. Likely the qpi as olokul said. Just remember you have some head room with the processor so why not jump up to 3.80 or so then oc the ram. It will be Alot easier to oc doing just one at a time.

I would try and get the CPU up to max and run it for a week or so before attempting to take the memory up. Hell I would probably never bother to overclock the memory at all becuase unless you are benching the gains seem to be minimal at best in real life usage (imho).