Trouble With Internet Connection When 2 Computers Online

wingspar

Recently I have figured out why my internet connection seems to die at times.  When both of us are accessing the internet, all of a sudden, neither of us are able to bring sites up.  If just one of us are online, the internet connection is fine.  This isn

What's your internet speed? Sounds like it's likely a bandwidth issue. I have the same issue when I only had a 3mbs down connection, it would slow to a crawl with more than one computer connected at a time.

I've had this problem before, I found out that my Wife's laptop was requesting the same IP adress as my computer from the Router.

Check that up and set static IP adresses for yoru computer and see what it does.

IP addresses are different for each computer in the router config.

What's your internet speed? Sounds like it's likely a bandwidth issue. I have the same issue when I only had a 3mbs down connection, it would slow to a crawl with more than one computer connected at a time.

Internet speed right now is 20 mpbs.

You can try to factory reset the router. Just hold down the reset button for 20 seconds and let go. You can also try updating the firmware on the router. If neither works you can buy a new router. I'm sure a basic router would only cost like $35-50 on sale.

Does the Ubee modem have a router built into it or is it just a pure modem?

Edited by AZNguyen

I'm going to guess router hardware issue. I had the same issue once with Android phones, but they were receiving the same IP address from the router for some reason, so I had to set up static ones for those devices. But, since you said that the IP addresses are different, I would believe a hardware issue. Especially since you reset it to default settings.