System at stock not stable

Hopefully lowering your temps and perhaps replacing your memory will solve the strange crashing issue,.. Prime95 Blend is a damn good stress test if you have any issues you will not pass,.. but crashing or BSOD is nerve wracking at default settings. 

Edited by Braegnok

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Test at 1066Mhz, 2.14V again(no BSOD this time):

Desktop_2013_12_02_18_39_15_968_zps018da

Test at 800Mhz again(No BSOD, simply shutdown instantly):

Desktop_2013_12_02_18_24_13_860_zps2d334

Gonna test individual RAM now and then change CPU cooler.

Temps seem cooler without the two side fans I had on yesterday.

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Hmm the second DDR2 socket is weird, both sticks run run at 200Mhz(DDR2-400) according to memtest86+. Should I send asrock an email?

Shows 535Mhz in CPUZ :/ Not sure which is correct

Also pc freezes when I launch blend test with a single module. HDD LED is on fully.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ran blend again after directing a 120mm CM 12V fan at the ram and partially the cpu caps which are hot... I managed to get past the 3rd test but all cores failed within an hour :(

Sorry for blurry pictures, don't know why it's low res, 100% quality in Afterburner :/

http://i604.photobucket.com/albums/tt128/Dan_The_Gamer/Desktop_2013_12_02_23_40_34_230_zpsacf478bc.jpg

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Dan, is this a problem that has just cropped up recently on a rig that was running fine previously?

Have you added any new hardware recently?

How old is the Coolermaster power supply?

Agree with Doc on the memory - that particular boards seems to prefer DDR3 over DDR2.  So if you can exchange the RAM ask them to upgrade you to DDR3.  They will probably fall all over themselves to do that trade since DDR2 is dying off.

I've added the motherboard and CPU recently.

The PSU is less than a year old.

RAM is old though, I can RMA if you guys advise... I could return the mobo for a refund for the next 2 or so weeks and maybe the CPU if the ebay seller accepts not fully functional CPU in the 30 DOA warranty.

Man I have bad luck with PCs :/

My only friend that is a pc enthusiast like me(and pc gamer) that was in the country moved quite a ways away :( All my other friends have laptops or play on consoles

*EDIT*

If ya'll say RAM is the problem, would this be okay for testing? If I like it I'll buy another for Dual Channel:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006YG97KS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I changed the cooler with a Zalman 7500 ALCU which is good at max fan speed, is small so doesn't block air to caps and sorta cools other stuff on mobo, but I didn't even reach the 4th test without 3 cores failing rounding in blend. Whatever CPUTIN in HWMonitr was almost 10C cooler too and CPU temp didn't go above 50 :/

Edited by DanTheGamer11

Before I did anything (and assuming that you've been playing around in the BIOS based on some settings I see changed) I would check to make sure you have the latest BIOS.  If not flash to the latest.

Load BIOS default values, set proper memory speed, timings and voltage, save changes, reboot and test.  Don't change anything else off of BIOS defaults except for proper memory setup.

Okay ran 2 blend tests with Prime95 V27.9... first time workers stopped working, second time I got a BSOD SYTEM-THREAD-EXCEPTION-NOT-HANDLED (CLFS.SYS). Also ran a blend on the V25.11 or something like that that I've been running up until the previous 2 tests... workers stopped working :/

Do you know whether you've got the 125W TDP 1055 or the 95W TDP 1055?

That will give me an idea of what "safe" max vcore is and we can try bumping the vcore and northbridge voltage.

For beginners (and safety) set the cpu voltage to 1.35v

Set Northbridge VID to 1.15v

Set CPU/Northbridge voltage to 1.20v

Go ahead and disable C-State, CnQ and any other power saving features.

If you've installed any of ASRock's Windows based overclock tuner software or monitoring programs uninstall them for this test. 

Leave everything else on auto and re-run tests.

I assume I have the 95W since CPUz says TDP is 109W with TurboCore on and 101W with it disabled.

Uninstall HWmonitor, CPUz and the asrock thing?

*Edit*

I don't see the option to modify the NB voltage or the NB/CPU voltage, just a chipset voltage from 1.262 -1.344V

Worker failed within minutes...

Edited by DanTheGamer11